Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Chartering
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Recommendation for mid-Chessy charter co.

I hope to be joining some friends on a weekend cruise that we have been doing for a few years now. My friends boat is only 32' so we are looking into chartering another sailboat in the <= 30' range so we might accommodate up to 8 people in total.
Does anyone have any experience with the South River outfit? Sailboat and Power boat rentals and charters in Annapolis, Maryland - Chesapeake Bay

Any experience with this one in Annapolis? Annapolis Bay Charters :: Charters

Other recommendations in the mid-Chessy area east or western shore?

We are looking for cheaper (and likely older) boats that are still functional (NO: A/C, power windlass, power winches etc.).

Thanks.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-11-2011

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
check the group which charters in Haven Habor Marina in Rock Hall. They ahve a good reputation

Haven Charters - Bareboat sailboat charters on the Chesapeake Bay, within easy sailing distance of Annapolis, Baltimore, Oxford, St. Michaels. Caribbean BVI's sailing vacation yacht charters with captain and crew or join our flotilla and follow the l

The have older pearsons and such.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 04-11-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-12-2011
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
My take on Annapolis Bay Charters - good people, they work hard and they have a range of older boats as you indicated you are interested in. The bad is that they do not screen their charterers very thoroughly. As a result, the boats are used by inexperienced people, and can be abused. So a number of little things may not be pristine when you get the boat, or may have been quick-repaired and not quite right.

Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Old 04-18-2011

isaksp00 is on a distinguished road
I have used Haven Charters in the past - when under different ownership. A bit less expensive than others at that time, and somewhat older boats, but generally decent. It is in a pretty good location on Swan Creek. You do have to sail (or motor) from the mouth of Swan Creek a good ways due south before you can cut west into the Bay, due to a shallow shoal. That is not an impediment if you are heading toward Annapolis or St Michaels.