Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Chartering
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2013

eddie nelson is on a distinguished road
Re: Chartering the US VI

Well Im really sorry you had such a bad experience with CYOA. We chartered with them last June (12') and absolutely loved them. Met with the owner and pretty much their entire staff and they were extremely professional and polite. We chartered a 48' cat and hired a captain to help me with boat. He was very informative of the boat and the whole island chain. I'm actually shocked that you such a bad experience. I guess anything can happen with a man made anything but the staff were friendly and helpful.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-19-2013

denverd0n is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail to wherever View Post
So, my question to the reader, what is the motivation behind you questioning someone elses experience.
My, my. Getting a little defensive, aren't we?

I didn't question your experience. All I did was make an observation, ask for a couple of details, and then comment on how I, personally, weigh the credibility of postings such as yours. I don't doubt that you had a bad experience. On the other hand, I've seen good reviews of CYOA, too. I will keep your comments in mind, along with others that I've seen, and come to my own conclusions based on my own assessment of the validity of each of the different reviews.
Old 04-20-2013
Reforming Stinkpotter

captainjay is on a distinguished road

I am reluctant to get into this and I won't be drawn into a troll war but let me lay this out. This customer did charter from us back in 2008 though VI Sailing. While his recollection of his alleged problem seems perfect he actually can't remember which boats his group rented. They had an Athena 38 and a Jaguar 36, the two smallest and least expensive cats that we had at the time. Perfectly capable boats but not the Queens of the fleet. Recently he contacted us and demanded a substantial discount/credit for issues he claims to have had in 2008. Despite his perception now that we are the worst charter company in the world he still wanted to book a boat with us as long as we gave him this credit. We went through our very detailed records, asked VI sailing to do the same and could find no history of his issues. Our core staff has been the same for years as well and what ever issues he had didn't rise to the level of anyone remembering them. We did offer him a couple of discounts and when he decided that wasn't a deep enough discount he has gone on a smear campaign against CYOA.

While we try to make everyone happy this guy is outside our ability to satisfy. We aren't perfect but we are good at our job and the numerous repeat customers that I see year in and year out are a testament to that.
Jay Pennington
CYOA Charters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-20-2013

eddie nelson is on a distinguished road

2008? Are you freaking kidding me?! He's just now bitching about something that happened in 2008? What a loser? 2008? No way!! Well back in 1991 I took out Mary Anne. Wined her, dined her but didnt get to 69 her. I think Im going to contact her for my money back for the dinner.
Old 04-20-2013

denverd0n is on a distinguished road

Interesting. My first question to him was when this happened. No wonder he didn't want to answer that. Five years later, and NOW he complains. Wow.