Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Chartering
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012

bch2mtns is on a distinguished road
tahiti area bareboat charter-Looking for

hi,
i am thinking about charting for a few weeks in raiatea, tahaa, bb area. We have charted before in the area and cant stop thinking about getting back.
we usually charter from one the the major companies, all over the carrib, Thailand, Whitesundays, and thinking about charter from a private person.
Looking for Catamaran. Plan is 3+ weeks for wife and myself, and maybe have a couple friends join us for a week.
thanks
my email is: totheroxyshow@aol.com
Larry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2012

SFU is on a distinguished road
Re: tahiti area bareboat charter-Looking for

Very nice area.

You can also check out Maupiti (west of Bora Bora). As beautiful as BB and -almost- no tourists.
I hear the crossing from BB can be a little tough (some day they give bags to passagers doing the crossing with the regular ferry).
Have to check out the tide too, because Maupiti is a one pass island, so that could be tricky.

Far to the east you also have Marquises islands. I have never been they but every body that did say it's breathtaking, and again very few tourisms.

Have fun in the Fenua ( = home in tahitian and used to designed French Polynesia).

SFU
Old 05-06-2012

thanks for info. last time we were there, bora bora was suppose to be line of sight. we didnt see the island for 3 hrs after we left tahaa. nice squall rolled thru and probably had 20' visibililty, but we found the entrance and no problems.

was hoping to find someone who owns a boat they would considered renting to me.
Old 05-06-2012

SFU is on a distinguished road

Bora Bora is line of sight from Tahaa, I am very surprised you didn't see it right away.

The difficult pass to enter is Maupiti's one. Very narrow so there is a lot of current. Bora's pass is pretty large so usually there is no issue getting in and out.

It might be difficult to find an owner on sail net since French usually favor French forums like www.forumvoile.com • Page d and some other.
There is also 1 or 2 companies offering boat rental services.

Good luck for your search !
If you need some practical info let me know (I lived there 11 years) but since this is your second time you probably already know everything.

SFU
Old 05-06-2012

I guess it was a pretty big storm system that passed thru. we did not even see the outer marker, which we saw on our way back home and it is pretty huge!

we were only there for 10 days so dont think we know everything, lol!` probably very little. will be nice to spend much more time there, and not have to rush to get anywhere. who knows, maybe we can stay an entire month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFU View Post
Bora Bora is line of sight from Tahaa, I am very surprised you didn't see it right away.

The difficult pass to enter is Maupiti's one. Very narrow so there is a lot of current. Bora's pass is pretty large so usually there is no issue getting in and out.

It might be difficult to find an owner on sail net since French usually favor French forums like www.forumvoile.com • Page d and some other.
There is also 1 or 2 companies offering boat rental services.

Good luck for your search !
If you need some practical info let me know (I lived there 11 years) but since this is your second time you probably already know everything.

SFU
Old 05-22-2012

mike6969 is on a distinguished road

Has anyone used Sail Connections for Charters in Tahiti. They have some nice looking large Cats but can't get any info on the company. Concerned about sending a large deposit to a company I know nothing about.
Old 09-18-2012

wxpeter is on a distinguished road

I am looking for a 40'-50' catamaran to bareboat in Tahiti (flexible pick up loc) for mid Feb-mid March 2013. I am an experienced sailor and have chartered 30+ times around the world. need a boat that has 4 cabins and 4 heads minimum. Just looking for ideas on best place to rent or find an owner that would like to do a direct rental. Peter

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.