Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Chartering
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2004

jbanta is on a distinguished road
Assault by Moorings Captain

You are right in that the accused should be held as no gulity until he has been proven so in a court of law. I was seeing it as some unknown person (at least to me) that did do what in complained of should be held responsible. As to the US being the greatest nation on earth.. Sorry you can''t see all the evidence that show it is. Not that American''s are any better than anyone else.....It just that the USA is better than any other nation....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-30-2004

magnusmurphy is on a distinguished road

"Not that American''s are any better than anyone else.....It just that the USA is better than any other nation...."

Do you even see the conflict in the two statements?

Anyway I think your country is wonderful and Americans are great people who have accomplished more than most. I have family there and I regularly travel to the US. I do however think there is a certain blindness to the rest of the world and to what may just possibly be better somewhere else. As for evidence: well one could show you a lot of evidence of issues where the American society is not even in the top 10.

But... this is a side issue. As for the issue under discussion, I would like to hear what steps the accuser has taken with local authorities. I mean, mentioning someone''s name on a public forum like this could be taken as slander, if not backed up with real evidence.

It is impossible for readers like myself to decide what is true and what not. The accusations are serious and if true, this guy should have been stopped. It''s 10 years later after all. If he''s still working today, does it not seem to indicate that this whole thing is being blown out of proportion?
M Murphy
Old 05-30-2004

jbanta is on a distinguished road

You asked... NO I don''t see that I am any beter (or worse) than anyone else on God green earth. However there are bad nations. Bad nations where goog people live too. To avoid pointing fingers at modern nations I use history to make my point... Japan in the late 1920''s thru the early 1940''s. An evil nation .. Of that we can all agree. But there were wonderful people living there.. ok Point made... We may not have the best schools or even the most wealthy people,, What we have in a govermental system that in the standard for all free nations. I business climate that have encouraged economic growth unseen in history before or since. A careing nation that has rebuilt vanquished enemies. And ran to the aid of even unfriendly powers when they were hit with a massive disaster..

If this person who feels he was wroungly treated by this captain doesn''t want to take this to the proper athorities Then fine he should just forget about it. If that''s the case we should get down to sailing and not worry about someone who won''t standup for themselves or for what they believe....Except for the above item I think we agree
Old 06-02-2004

cgates is on a distinguished road

My comment did not suggest that captains in the BVI should have USCG liscences. I simply stated what I was told, it was in reference to previous posts in this thread.

Think some folks are a bit defensive, wonder why.
Old 06-22-2004

FRRizzo111 is on a distinguished road

Is this the guy Jimmy pictured on this website?

http://www.nwmangum.com/Caribbean.html
Old 06-25-2004

billieblood is on a distinguished road

Yes that is Jimmie Hodge
I worked out of the Moorings as a skipper in 94, 95, 96.
Jimmie was to me a strong example of what a charter skipper should be, a good sailor, polite, personable, tolerant, sober, selfless in his dedication to his guests and their enjoyment. Now as to what happened on that charter, it was slightly before my time.
Come on guys Jimmie lives the life. Let me give you a senario. You have skippered literally hundreds of charters, families, nudiest, gays, buddies, people from whatever. You tried to show them a good time. Maybe you misread the intentions of a guest. End of story.
Old 07-02-2004

cgates is on a distinguished road

Billieblood,

Although I was only around Jimmy for a relatively short time, he sure seemd more like your characterization than the one that originated this string.
Old 07-02-2004

kokopelli9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Whoa, people...this is exactly how rumors get started. I have gone back and re-read this entire thread. I cannot find where the original poster said that is was the captain that did the assault...he said it was an employee...and then later when asked if he got the Captain''s name so as to notify him of the assault, well, that''s when the captain''s name came out. Now, I could have missed it, but I just couldn''t find it in there. Let''s be careful, please...and maybe the orignal poster will come forward again and clarify.

thanks.
Old 07-08-2004

HHJ is on a distinguished road

Kokopelli

Take a look at the title of the thread - Assault by a Moorings Captain.
Old 07-08-2004

kokopelli9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you and you are exactly right. I got so caught up in reading the long thread (that sometimes drifted off subject) that I failed to realize the title.

Thanks and so sorry.