Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Chartering
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2004

ChicagoJim is on a distinguished road
GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES

I spent a lot of time researching and inquiring, and have made numerous calls to assure I know with whom and with what I am spending my money. I’ve already mentioned this, and I already told the forum that I have booked a charter and that I wanted to be 100% sure of my decision.

Their yachts belong to individual owners, and these owners may also choose to deal with all the other charter companies in Greece. The difference is the direct dealing between the charter or buyer and the yacht owner, and the fact that there isn’t any commission charged.

Their base manager is a yacht owner and was working as a freelance skipper – like many others. As you see and read the news articles about him, and the testimonials, he has been most successful and has offers from all the big charter companies. After what I’ve read these days on this forum, I’ve even asked for referrals and have been in contact with previous customers of this skipper, and I have not been told one complaint, but only enthusiastic and positive experiences.

Hellas easyacht is NOT a broker or charter company or travel agency. GNTO is an organization and its membership is necessary for charter/broker/travel companies. Every yacht owner of easyacht has the most significant stamp of approval, which is the official approval from the Greek Ministry of Merchant Marine.

And by the way, I thought this board was going to be used for casual information sharing. Some responses are so defensive and catty that I am starting to wonder...who is really behind some of these postings??
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-2004

sailmaster25 is on a distinguished road
GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES

ChicagoJim, I am a little confused here, if no commission is charged how is the broker/agent makig any money. Hellasyachts must get something for finding the owner of the yacht you will charter business? Or have you found a company that makes no money from anyone and wants to give there services for free?
Oh and the base manager did use to work for GPSC as a captain, not that it should reflect on him or the other ex-company memebers, they most likely had nothing to do with the disaster that happened last year.
. This board as you say should be for open free discussion and fact exchange...
Hope that you have a wonderful time here
Old 02-13-2004

ChicagoJim is on a distinguished road
GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES

Mr sailmaster, I will have a wonderful time in Greece, as I do every summer, visiting my family and friends. I cannot believe that you are using this board to promote your own company (sailcharter-greece.com)....what you do not realize is that you are giving yourself bad advertisement with your childish and very defensive attitude. My advice to anyone for finding the right charter company is to go by word of mouth from your friends, etc, and do your research! And mr sailmaster, shouldn''t you be busy sailing or getting ready for the summer season? You seem to have a lot of free time on your hands.
Old 02-13-2004

sailingjon is on a distinguished road
GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES

Chicago Jim,

You seem to be doing exactly what you accuse Sailmaster of doining ie plugging your own company.

It is clear you are not a charterer but have something to do with Hellas easyacht.

Stop using this message board to lie to people discrediting other companies.

I suggest all readers disregard these obvious advertismants by owners posing as clients.
Old 02-14-2004

sailmaster25 is on a distinguished road
GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES

Guess sailingjon has your number chicagojim...BUSTED..
Oh well back to more honest pursuits I hope
Old 02-16-2004

Spyros is on a distinguished road
GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES

The people who say good words about me are my friends, and not sailing experts. If you want to attack me or Hellas easyacht, you may do so through my website daily.
PS
For those who wonder how Hellas easyacht makes money...Yachting is my love and Hellas easyacht is my passion so I don''t care about the money. If anyone has a yacht for charter or for sale (that meets Hellas easyacht standards) you can post it for free.
Old 03-02-2004

NEFELE is on a distinguished road
GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES

TRY A SMALL OUTFIT ON lEVKAS CALLED SKORPIOS CHARTER. THE ARE GERMAN OWNED AND REALLY LOOK AFTER THE 10 YACHTS FOR CHARTER AND THEIR CLIENTS.
Old 04-08-2004

Nestoras is on a distinguished road
GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES

I am writing this to share my experience renting a boat in Greece.

Last summer we rent a bareboat from Anemos Yatching. It was a Beneteau First f45f5 (year 1990).
They advertise the boat in their sites as being in the “sports line” class where the boat had (at least at the time that we rent it) terrible quality of sails. Unfortunately we saw the” holes” on the sails when we were already out of the port. I do not want to mention that the genoa sail due to a missing screw (it took as a lot of time to track down the cause) on the rope housing mechanism couldn’t be trimmed at all. We were lucky to realize the problem when the weather was mild….
That was not the only problem that we encounter during that week. The engine of the boat broke down (they send a someone to repair it and they gave as one day more), the VHF was not working at all (actually was working only when you were inside the port) and the most important during the summer you couldn’t feel all the water tanks even when the water supplier was using low pressure. I am not mentioning the other malfunctions that were acceptable due to the boat age.
I really feel sorry about the way those guys are doing their job and I would like to inform customers to be really careful if they are plan to do business with them
Old 04-19-2004

csdv21 is on a distinguished road
GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES

As well as Skorpios try Nisos Yacht Charter - small british company 12 boats (I think?) on Levkas - great people and boats. Been with them for last 3 years - no problems and cheap!