SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Chartering (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chartering/)
-   -   GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chartering/8932-greek-charter-companies.html)

dnnn 01-18-2004 03:23 PM

GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES

there is so much negative information out there
please comment on your own chrter experience, what companies are recomended

I dont want to be scammed

thanks

magnusmurphy 01-18-2004 04:12 PM

GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES

Why not stay with one of the well known international companies, like Sunsail or Moorings? That way you know what you''re getting and there is no risk.

M Murphy

S/VNirvana 01-31-2004 07:28 AM

GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES

Moorings has opened up a base in Greece

ChicagoJim 02-04-2004 07:39 AM

GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES

After a lot of research and bad experiences, I decided to not go with a super-sized broker or flashy charter company. For example, GPSC who went bankrupt and is now appearing under a new name, A&A/Destinations Greece. BEWARE! So I have just booked a 2 week sailing trip with Hellas easyacht. They have a good site and I have only heard great things about them. So far they are the most reliable and competant charter company that I have dealt with, with the best charter prices I''ve seen. Has anyone else sailed with them?

sailmaster25 02-04-2004 08:59 PM

GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES

Hellas easyacht charter is a new broker on the block here in athens....
Why is it that guest and clients persist in using brokerage houses that do not own there own yachts and merely lease manage other peoples yachts?
Whats the security in that?
Why not go straight to the yacht owner and charter direct from him ? He at least will be able to answer all your questions truthfully and when something does go wrong, he is right there to fix it....
check out
www.sailcharter-greece.com
these are a group of english speaking private yacht owners who charter direct to the public and have a large variety of programs and yachts to offer
Skip the middle man and go direct to the top... after all is''nt that the best way to get the best service ?

sailingjon 02-07-2004 08:32 AM

GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES

Hi ChicagoJim,
I checked out the easyacht site and most of the yachts they use were in the GPSC fleet and their harbor manager was working for GPSC for years. So I don''t know about the other company you mentioned but it seems that Hellas easyacht is more GPSC than anything so beware!
I would always choose a company which is registered with the Greek National Tourist Organisation and has the backing of the Greek Government. Hellas easyacht does not appear to be a registered company and therefore should theoretically be operating without the approval of the Greek Government.

Companies that are registered will state this on their site and that is how you know.

So my advice to everybody is to trust all the Greek companies that are registered with the GNTO and to avoid the smaller oufits that are just trying to make a fast buck.

I hav been in the business for years so I should know.

sailmaster25 02-07-2004 09:19 PM

GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES

Yep you are right, Hellaseasy yacht is another GPSC spin off company, staff and yachts the same just a more fancy web site...
As for the GNTO, where as you are techinically right, they are really a useless policing body, with no power and even less motivation, case in point the absolutley terrible job they have done with advertising the Olympic games to tourists...NO ONE IN GREECE TAKES THE GNTO SERIOUSLY...besides Alemar yacht charters was a GNTO approved company and they went bankrupt taking hundreds of thousands of euros with them....
I''m afraid choosing a charter company in greece is still going to be a case of luck and past experience from well serviced clients...
Good luck to everyone

mattmulliss 02-08-2004 01:29 PM

GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES

im sorry you have douts seeking charters in the med im a self employed skipper who works for a few companys and private charters in greece i have indepth knowlage of the area and companys i work from lefkas and sourounding areas an there is defenetly good charters out there why dont you try neilson or sail ionian do not go sunsail if you wish to speak to me more please feel free im matt mattmulliss@hotmail i my be able to help you truly enjoy the greek expirience

Agent_Nina 02-10-2004 06:58 AM

GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES

Please all of us, let''s have some limits when we spread rumours about companies. Sailmaster, stop pretending that you know everything, and stop having an "expert''s" opinion on EVERY subject..
In deed the www.greece-yacht-charters.com is the past GPSC, I double confirmed the Greek telephone number..
However, not everyone can be absolutely pleased.. Yachting is not renting a hotel room.. Things CAN go wrong.
GNTO is a very respectable governmental association for the travel field in Greece.
The whole country''s economy is based on Tourism, so they really give a damn..

Agent_Nina 02-11-2004 02:47 AM

GREEK CHARTER COMPANIES

QUIZ for strong users!!!

Whose super duper hyper expert''s sailing yacht was burned to the "ground" due to high standards maintenance and services???!!!
_/)_/)_/)
IIIIIIIIIIIooooooooooooIIIIIIIIIIII
mth.sliateD3k/moc.retrahcthcayedun.www
mth.sesiurc02%deniatpac/moc.retrahcthcayedun.www