Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Cheoy Lee
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2006

Mulcher33 is on a distinguished road
1962 Robb 35

I noticed no one has posted anything in this forum so I thought I might try to get some discussion going. I purchased a 1962 Robb 35 last Jan and am having a ball restoring her a little at a time.. Almost lost her in hurricane Wilma.. but she made it despite multiple holes punched in her and thigh high water in the cabin. Project so far have been: hauling her out and stripping, sandinding and repainting the bottom and hull, upgrading electronics and engine instruments, ripping out rotten port side cabin shelves and settees and replacing, new cockpit cushions, new cabin cushions, redoing interior electric,refinishing all exterior brightwork,rewiring the windlas and getting it operational..
Have had great fun sailing her in the keys and am looking forward to continuing to bring her back to snuff .. Her name is "Denique" and I sail out of Marathon FL..

Hope to hear from more Cheoy Lee owners
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2006

shabbychic is on a distinguished road
Another Cheoy Lee Owner!!

Hi, we are from Vancouver, Canada and we are in the process of bringing our 38' Cheoy Lee Offshore Ketch to Seattle. We sailed for one year on the East Coast and Bahamas. Now we want to do some West Coast Sailing. I would like to hear from any other 38' Cheoy Lee Offshore owners. Especially anyone who has taken their boat offshore or circumnavigated with a Cheoy Lee.
Old 11-24-2007

3niffup is on a distinguished road
First post. Howdy from south of Powell River B.C. I have a 1962 Lion Class. It is complete in every detail but it's basically in pieces. Can anyone tell me what the best web sites are to sell the boat or sell all the bits and pieces. The hull is in excellent condition. Rebuilt Yanmar. Excellent mast sails, you name it. The interior needs some sweat equity and the hull needs painting. I can provide lots of digital pictures. I 'd hate to sell off the hardware but my health has failed and I must do something about the boat soon.
Thanks
Old 12-07-2007

Lion35 is on a distinguished road
3niffup, where's your Lion located? I would try Craig's list and the Cheoy Lee website. Sorry to hear about your health, best wished.

-Gary
1959 Lion, Santa Cruz, CA
Old 07-31-2008

lakeeriehigh is on a distinguished road
Cheoy Lees in the Keys

Hi,
Great to hear that you are so close to me. I am in Key West. I just restored a 1968 Cheoy Lee Offshore 27. I say restored as though it is done. It is out of the boat yard, it's never done. I am very proud of the restoration, and she has gotten allot of attention. If you find yourself in the West Marine on Stock Island ask for Lake, I would love to meet you. I suppose you probably know Shawn and Todd at the marathon West Marine if tou are doing a restoration. Good luck with the rebuild. Lake H.