Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2013
Space cadet

Jotun is on a distinguished road
Annapolis Docking

I'm thinking about stopping at Annapolis tomorrow evening. Any chances there will be space at the ego alley dock on a Saturday? If not, any other ideas? Mooring field?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-14-2013
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd
Re: Annapolis Docking

I believe mooring ball rates are around $25/night.
The anchorage is free. I've anchored there successfully.

For a slip, why not call ahead to the harbor master and ask about availability?
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Old 06-14-2013
"Mentally Unbalanced"

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
the holding ground and Spa Creek is not great from what I recall usually you can get a mooring if you get in there just after checkout which is noon I believe. you may get something on the Bulkhead near or in ego Allie its first come first serve for either moring or bulkhead. with either you get use of the bathroom and shower facilities

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Photo by Joe McCary
Old 06-14-2013
I don't discuss my member

zz4gta is on a distinguished road

I thought mooring balls were $40? But haven't actually moored there myself. Ego alley can be a loud place if there's a good crowd.
Old 06-14-2013
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4gta View Post
I thought mooring balls were $40? But haven't actually moored there myself. Ego alley can be a loud place if there's a good crowd.
Mooring up 45 ft is $30 and up to 55 is $35 with shower.

Come in after 8 pm and leave before 8 am may be free, but no shower. Stand-by shower is possible, no guarantee. Hahahaha

I find dropping anchor just outside the mooring field is just as convenient. Water taxi ride may be a dollar more. It is quiet, I like it. It is good place to go especially entertaining the out of town guests.

Have fun.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 06-14-2013
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough

Absolutely take a mooring in the harbor! water taxi service is great and you are in the middle of it all!

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-14-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Just don't anchor in the silt by the Naval Academy Sea Wall. Moorings in Annaopolis Harbor are gone by 1 PM. Go to Back Creek. Taxi will go there as well.

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 06-15-2013
Sailor

Gladrags1 is on a distinguished road

Last year, Annapolis started a reservation system for a few tie ups by the old Fawcetts. I don't know the particulars but give them a call for more info. I like the mooring balls either out in the harbor or through the bridge in Spa Creek for better convenience. You can dinghy to a street head and walk to the Annapolis sites.

Tod
Old 06-16-2013
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
Come in after 8 pm and leave before 8 am may be free, but no shower. Stand-by shower is possible, no guarantee.
Theft of services is not leaving a clean wake. Bad karma. If you stay overnight you owe the fee.

The police watch for people tailgating into the showers due to issues with homeless trying to camp in the heads. You'll get an embarrassing ticket.

The moorings just above the Spa Creek bridge are limited to boats 35' and under. All moorings, slips, and bulkhead spaces with the exception of the old Fawcett spots are first come first served. Call Annapolis Harbormaster on channel 17 as you enter the harbor.

City pump-out boat does not serve the Naval Academy anchorage (or boats on the Navy moorings in Weems Creek). South Anchorage is fine and holding is quite good. Holding in Spa Creek above the bridge and in Back Creek is fair to good. Holding in Weems Creek is quite good.

Every City of Annapolis street that ends at the water has a free dinghy dock (length limits apply which vary between 12 and 17' depending on the dock and no overnight stays on the dinghy dock without advance approval of the Harbormaster).

There is a free circulator bus downtown that covers a lot of ground. The eCruiser's provide free shuttles from most of Annapolis proper to supporting restaurants downtown. This works great for folks anchoring in Weems or Back Creeks and wanting to go downtown.

For SSCA members there are two Annapolis cruising stations to provide local knowledge and support. See your cruising station list for details.

There are lots of marinas with transient dockage.
T37Chef likes this.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

Old 06-17-2013

wavedancer38 is on a distinguished road

We were just there on Thursday and got a spot on the wall in Ego Alley. No one else was there, but a few boats showed up by late afternoon. Love to be on Ego Alley, easy to hop on and off to shower, shop, eat, get ice, get that last minute ice cream cone, and most importantly, a great latte before shoving off.
T37Chef likes this.