Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2013

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Re: Meet Up at Annapolis Boat Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef View Post
Saturday does sound like the better day weather wise.

We'll be at the show Friday, but maybe we'll sail down Saturday for the meet up if that is what everyone decides.

Jeff, is there room to anchor in Mill Creek and dingy over?
There usually is room to anchor near my house. I live off of Martin's Cove which is off of Mill Creek (not far from Cantlers). There should be room to raft up in the cove for those who are so inclined. I don't have a dinghy dock per se, but I do have a dock and people are welcome to tie up at my dock. If you plan to do come by dinghy, please let me know and I can rig a ladder to make boarding easier.

As for everyone else, just let me know what you would like to do. I'm good either way.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay and part-time purveyor of marine supplies

Last edited by Jeff_H; 10-08-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2013

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about

Does anyone know where things stand with the SailNet Meet up in Annapolis In other words:

Is there going to be a SailNet Meet up in Annapolis?

If so, When and where is it?

And most importantly....

Do I need to clean up my house?

People, Its thursday.....there needs to be a call on this.

Jus' say'n,
Jeff
jimgo likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay and part-time purveyor of marine supplies
Old 10-10-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough

FYI, we are planning to go to the show on Sunday. We have commitments at home that prevent us from going any other day. Regardless of what you end up doing at Jeff's house (sounds to me like it could be a flash mob ), I'd be open to linking up with people on Sunday.

For Sunday, I'd suggest meeting at the BoatUS booth around 11:30 and heading over to the Fleet Reserve Club (next to the Marriott) for lunch as a group.

Is anyone in for this?

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Old 10-10-2013

T37Chef will become famous soon enough

You need a member to eat at the FRC?
Old 10-10-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef View Post
You need a member to eat at the FRC?
It's open to the public during the boat show. And their roast beef sandwiches are gooooood!
Tempest likes this.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Old 10-10-2013

Okay folks. Since no one seems to want to make a definite decision on this, based on the couple PM's that I recieved, I will grab the bull by the tail and look the matter squarely in the eye.

My home will be available to meet at 8:00 p.m. on Saturday. There is room in my driveway to park, and I'll put a ladder on the dock for those coming by dinghy. Depending the weather anyone who wants to can stand on my lawn or crowd into my house. Strictly BYOB (bring your own booze), BYOF(bring your own food), and BYOS (bring your own self). I'll supply trash cans.

For those coming by boat, I live on Martin's Cove, off of Mill Creek, off of Whitehall Bay, and there is usually plenty of room to anchor within a few hundred feet of my dock. I would ask that you tie up on the south side of the dock. The coordinates for that slip would be N 39 00' 08.17" W 76 27' 37.59".

If you are coming by car, please PM me, and I'll send you an address and directions.

While this is not formal invitation (my engraver has been furloughed due to the shut down) and so an RSVP is not manditory, it would be helpful to know if folks planned to come by car or boat so I can at least rig a ladder at the dock and/or turn the porch lights on......

Cheers,
Jeff
T37Chef likes this.

Old 10-11-2013

outbound is on a distinguished road

Jeff I'm sorry I'm going to miss the get together. Admiral and I will be at an owners dinner. My boat is in the show so please stop by. Enjoy
Old 10-11-2013

T37Chef will become famous soon enough

If weather is decent, we plan to come by boat...its not looking favorable however.
Old 10-11-2013

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice

Xort, myself & crew are heading to Jeff's sat night.

Tonight the Xort's & myself are meeting at Pussers at 5:00 for drinks.... I have an orange hat....

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Old 10-11-2013

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough

Jeff,
I'm following the apparently fluky wind.