SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Chesapeake Bay (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/)
-   -   Annapolis Boat Show on Monday Oct. 14, 2013 (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/104529-annapolis-boat-show-monday-oct-14-2013-a.html)

jimgo 10-08-2013 01:33 PM

Annapolis Boat Show on Monday Oct. 14, 2013

Assuming the weather holds, my family and I are still planning to visit the US Sailboat Show on Monday.
Welcome to Annapolis Boat Shows! | Annapolis Boat Shows

A few people mentioned that they'd be there as well. Who else is going? Anyone want to pick a time and location to meet?

DRFerron 10-08-2013 03:03 PM

Re: Annapolis Boat Show on Monday Oct. 14, 2013

Jim,

Are you proposing a second meet up? One has been discussed (and I think) decided on here:

http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesap...at-show-7.html

jimgo 10-08-2013 03:32 PM

Donna,
I know there were a few people who said that they would only be there on Monday (including me) and wouldn't be able to make it to the Saturday meet up. So yes, I was proposing a second meet up of those who would be there on Monday.

DRFerron 10-08-2013 03:40 PM

Gotcha. Have a great time! This isn't our year to go. That's how I budget, by only going to the show every other year. :)

jimgo 10-08-2013 04:20 PM

Probably wise, Donna! We didn't go last year, and I'm sure we saved some money because of it! :)

August 2014 is our 10th anniversary, and I've suggested to my wife (haven't gotten to the "trying to convince her" stage yet) that perhaps we (family) should go sailing in the BVI's for 10 days to celebrate. I know some of the chartering companies will be at the show, and I hope to get more information from them while we're there.

4arch 10-08-2013 04:23 PM

We'll be there Monday. It looks like it may be the best weather day of the whole weekend. I hear it's quite a spectacle to go to Pussers upper deck and watch the show being broken down once it closes - so we'll probably stick around for that if anyone wants to join in. Open to other suggestions too.

jimgo 10-08-2013 04:31 PM

We'll have our 2 kids with us, so I'm not sure if we'll be there as late as 5 (when the show closes). That being said, it sounds like a good time and place to meet.

ropeclimber 10-08-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimgo (Post 1101266)
August 2014 is our 10th anniversary, and I've suggested to my wife (haven't gotten to the "trying to convince her" stage yet) that perhaps we (family) should go sailing in the BVI's for 10 days to celebrate. I know some of the chartering companies will be at the show, and I hope to get more information from them while we're there.

Ha! That's exactly my plan as well. Hubby and I will hit 15th anniversary in 2015. I am thinking that gives me ~1.5 years to build up enough sailing experience that I feel confident enough to bareboat charter with my husband and kids. We spent our honeymoon in the BVI so it would be a very meaningful trip for us.

Planning on hitting the show Friday and asking LOTS of questions.

DRFerron 10-08-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimgo (Post 1101266)
Probably wise, Donna! We didn't go last year, and I'm sure we saved some money because of it! :)

Get on their email lists (whatever charter company, we went with Sunsail) and they will almost weekly start sending discounted rates.

jimgo 10-08-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ropeclimber (Post 1101453)
We spent our honeymoon in the BVI so it would be a very meaningful trip for us.

We did the same. We stayed at The Bitter End in Virgin Gorda. With kids, there's no way we can afford to go back there for a week! :) But we can certainly stop there for a day or two.