Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree158Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2014
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Re: 2014 Sailing Season

You sure missed out on an incredible weekend of sailing - great winds to 30, mostly southwest, I spent Sunday night anchored and watching the sunset in Stillpond, then sailed back to Perryville on Monday, wing on wing most of the trip, at speeds to 7.5, a comfortable, dry ride all the way. Made record time coming back, then got a phone call and had to work last night performing at a Towson restaurant for a small, dance crowd, maybe 35 people. Next week, I hope for a repeat, taking some clients on a day sail on Saturday, then DonnaF, her husband John and some friends on Sunday. (Fingers crossed for good weather)

Gary
T37Chef likes this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 07-13-2014

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Great sailing weekend for us. We met 4arch and his wife for a rondevous up in Stll Pond and had a great night of food, frienship and had a lot of catching up.

Their new Benne 400 is in pristine condition and they looked good in her. It will serve them well for their present and future plans and explorations.

The sail up was a quick one from Rock Creek We3 spied them a couplke of miles ahead of us and the fun was on. We did manage to catche them around Pooles and got great pictures of their boat, but they had a small headsail up so it may be the last time we catch them ( unless I tie and extra anchor below them they dont see)

Our sail home today was the best sail we have had in a couple of years. We kept call this...delivering the mail. Our old boat hit 7.5-8.2 is a 20 steady jib reefed close hauled 2 tack run. A ride which usually takes over 4 hours took about 3, We even cut along the "wrong" side of Pooles Island. The boat found its groove and just powered along. My wife said it was too intense....like racing////but I was loving it.

We returned to our slip where it was 90+ with 745% humidity. On came the air conditioner.,,,,followed by a nap.

Great friends and great weekend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 07-13-2014
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough

Had a fun day both Saturday and today. Friday's winds in the upper bay were easterly, to southeast, sail at 7.2 to 7.5 down to Still Pond, anchored up and spend a comfortable evening Friday, then sailed back to Perryville on a beam reach Saturday. Sunday, Donna Ferron, her sister in law Gina and a friend Peter arrived around 10 a.m., the winds was woofing up the channel from the southwest, and after motoring down to the Fishing Batter Light Island, the sails went up and we had a nice trip to the Bohemia for lunch, then beat back across the bay and motor sailed up the Havre de Grace Channel to the marina in hopes of beating the forecasted thunder showers, which we did by several hours. Great day, great company, and maybe a repeat performance in the ensuing season.

Gary
DRFerron and T37Chef like this.
Old 07-15-2014
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd

I raced the boat in the Solomon's Invitational, under a full moon and light breezes.

Camped out at Spring Cove marina for a couple of days after that. The Cruise-Air kept the boat nice and comfy.

Yesterday, we double-handed the symmetric spinnaker on a 40 mile run back to the West River, including 2 gybes. The sun would have melted us into a puddle if we hadn't flown the spinnaker to speed up the return trip.
T37Chef and jameswilson29 like this.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Old 07-20-2014

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Great weekend of sailing with east winds which are unusual in July took us and four club mates to Worton Creek outside where we swam in up polluted water.

Went to dinner after a dinghy ride at the restaurant on the inside and found it very average.

Great friends , good sailing great July weekend

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 07-21-2014
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd

My club held a short race around some gov't marks near Thomas Pt. Light. The breeze was a consistent 7 knots.

On one hand, I love a little race that's close to home. On the other hand, the water in that vicinity is always churned up like a washing machine. Keeping airflow attached to the sails is always a challenge.

Afterwards was the club's annual crab feast. My crew and I destroyed an army of crustaceans and my beagle got scratches and lovin's from every female in the club.
T37Chef and Cap'n Russ like this.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Old 07-21-2014

T37Chef will become famous soon enough

We wrapped up our cruise North to LIS and Block and ended up in Worton Creek Saturday night...little did I know our club (MYC mentioned above) had anchored just around point?

Had a mixed of sailing and motoring Saturday from Cape May to Worton, about 12 hours...I think we made pretty decent time. My timing leaving Cape May was a little early but we made up for it once in the Delaware River and the C&D and out the Elk River.
4arch likes this.

Last edited by T37Chef; 07-21-2014 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-21-2014

T37Chef will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Great weekend of sailing with east winds which are unusual in July took us and four club mates to Worton Creek outside where we swam in up polluted water.

Went to dinner after a dinghy ride at the restaurant on the inside and found it very average.

Great friends , good sailing great July weekend
You are referring to? Harbor House Restaurant - Home
chef2sail likes this.
Old 07-21-2014

4arch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef View Post
We wrapped up our cruise North to LIS and Block and ended up in Worton Creek Saturday night...little did I know our club (MYC mentioned above) had anchored just around point?

Had a mixed of sailing and motoring Saturday from Cape May to Worton, about 12 hours...I think we made pretty decent time. My timing leaving Cape May was a little early but we made up for it once in the Delaware River and the C&D and out the Elk River.
Glad to hear you guys had a great trip. Hope we can get together face to face sometime before the season's out and hear more about your adventure!
Old 07-21-2014
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough

Just a short daysail on Saturday evening. My wife had been out of town 2 weeks taking care of family. Picked her up at the airport at 3 pm (about 2 miles from the boat). She had gotten 3 hours sleep and was extremely tired and wanted a nap. So I reminded her that she sleeps much better on the boat. She obliged me. I had to tack into the easterly and just put the main up so I could tack without having to go to the winches (which would have waken her). On the way back we were DDW, so I put out the genoa with the whisker pole. The extended mainsheet was hanging about 2" above her nose. When I got a few hundred yards from the dock I stashed the pole and furled the genoa. She woke up when I was dropping the mainsail. I told her that I had the genoa and whisker pole out while she was asleep, and she couldn't believe it. She had slept through the whole thing.

Next week we're heading up to Lake Wallenpaupack, where my sailing will be limited to the Phantom dinghy and driving the ski boat. My week will be spent getting those boats and their trailers into shape for the trip. I put the muffs on my 50 hp outboard last night, and it fired up great.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.