Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2014
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Re: 2014 Sailnet Chesapeake Bay Rendezvous...

No problem, guys and gals. BTW: In the event the weather turns nasty, I'm trying to line up the local American Legion as an indoor alternative. It's a nice place, nice people, big room, bar, etc...

Gary
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-02-2014

Ulladh is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to June 14, inexpensive boat slips, free town dock and indoor alternate with bar if weather turns bad.
DRFerron likes this.
Old 03-02-2014

4arch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulladh View Post
A diminished tolerance for a longer day on the water appears strange for those of us who think of two 8 -12 hour day sails to get to a destination as not unusual.
Our tolerance for 8-12 hour sailing days depends on their context. If they weren't on a 2 day weekend punctuated by leaving on the office at 6 pm on Friday and having to be back by 8 am Monday we'd be all over that kind of sailing but with those constraints it ceases to be fun or relaxing for us to do more than about 50 miles round trip on a weekend, especially if the weather is bad or winds are contrary. Different things work for different people and this is why I'm glad the event is at a place where people have the option of arriving by boat or by car.
Old 03-02-2014
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough

Gary - Thanks for your hospitality, and your extra efforts to make for an enjoyable time in all weather conditions. Despite others' suggestions to the contrary, I stand by my statement from a week ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
It is looking like the Admiral and I will be able to make it (by boat) on June 14. Please hold a slip for me at your marina.
Let me know whom/when I need to contact to reserve a slip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4arch View Post
...Different things work for different people and this is why I'm glad the event is at a place where people have the option of arriving by boat or by car.
I look forward to seeing you there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)

Last edited by TakeFive; 03-02-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-06-2014
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlineasy View Post
No problem, guys and gals. BTW: In the event the weather turns nasty, I'm trying to line up the local American Legion as an indoor alternative. It's a nice place, nice people, big room, bar, etc...

Gary
So excellent.

Perryville June 14.

Carpoolers wanted from Long Island or anywhere along the NJ Turnpike.

Regards,
Brad
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
The best minds discuss sailing, anchors, batteries, rode length, fridge-or-not, freezer-or-not, and guns-on-board. I don't know why. It's a mystery!
Old 03-16-2014
Battered and Bruised

Silvio is on a distinguished road

Jeff - Count Me and Amy in! It is a very kind offer of you to host. We will miss seeing the northern bay sailors this year but hopefully we will see you all around the bay during the year.

Dave and Donna, we look forward to seeing you again and meeting other sail netters from the bay area.
Old 03-17-2014

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

It will be great seeing you again. Was really good meeting you last year when you came

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvio View Post
Jeff - Count Me and Amy in! It is a very kind offer of you to host. We will miss seeing the northern bay sailors this year but hopefully we will see you all around the bay during the year.

Dave and Donna, we look forward to seeing you again and meeting other sail netters from the bay area.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 03-26-2014
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough

I confirmed the use of the American Legion yesterday - no problem. Also, if anyone is driving from a significant distance and needs a place to spend the night, my boat can act as a motel for up to 6 with no problems. Air conditioned, all the comforts of home.

Gary
Old 03-26-2014

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough

Gary,

We are looking to be finalizing our move aboard the last week of May - I'm not sure if we'll be done unpacking and getting organized. If we can make it I'll shoot you and email but unfortunately I can't commit to a slip at this time.
Old 03-26-2014

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about

Hi folks,

I am a little confused about where things stand at the moment;

Here is the part that seems clear. There is a rendezvous in Perryville at the American Legion Hall on June 14. It sounds like there are slips available at a marina near there for those who want use a marina. I would suggest that it might be helpful to post the name of the marina and air and water draft available for those of us with deeper draft boats and taller rigs (I have not looked a chart for this and have only been to the Harve D'Grace side of the river) Also I may have missed this but is there a protected anchorage near there and a place to tie up dinghies when going ashore?

Then there is my offer to host an event. I agree with the suggestion that there should not be two events on the same day in that it would potentially reduce the number of folks at either event. I would therefore suggest for the lower Bay folks that we perhaps we have a rendezvous in the early fall, and I would be willing to host that one at my place on Mill Creek, date to be determined, but perhaps around the time of the Boat Show, although cruising is usually more comfortable before the show. Nothing carved in stone here.

Jeff

Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay and part-time purveyor of marine supplies