Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2014
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Re: 2014 Sailnet Chesapeake Bay Rendezvous...

I should be at the marina by 11 a.m. and I'll have my handheld VHF with me tuned to Channel 16. Just call for Owens Marina, or Saturday's Child (my boat) and I'll take care of you the best I can.

I'll also have my cell and you can reach me at (443)616-9402.

Gary
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-14-2014

T37Chef will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlineasy View Post
Update:

The list increased to:

Denise030
Donna - Halcyon
Deltaten
Collin - Ulladh
Wayne - Sheriff
Take Five (maybe)
Brad - Bene505
Chuck - ChucklesR ?
Billdix ?
Peter - Poland

Gary
Sorry to miss your party Gary, and the opportunity to so many others but in just returned from a week out and about on the bay and missing my girls plus wifey has a honeydew list for me and then some family obligations early tomorrow, my god daughters dance recital.

Have fun everyone...I know you will. Cheers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Photo by Joe McCary
Old 06-14-2014

Shawn, sorry you're not gonna be there to taste test my cooking skills and give me a grade.

As for the rest of you, LAST CHANCE! Today is the day.

Gary
Old 06-14-2014

Just a short note to thank those that took the time and made the effort to attend the 2014 Upper Chesapeake Bay Sailnet Rendezvous today. We had a fun time, the food was bountiful and tasty, and the Green Coconut Margherettas flowed.

Thanks again everyone,

Gary
DRFerron, T37Chef, mgmhead and 4 others like this.

Last edited by travlineasy; 06-15-2014 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-15-2014

Ulladh is on a distinguished road

Thanks Gary, food was good, the company great and the Green Coconut Margheretta was just what I needed after a turbulent day on the bay.

I left at high tide this morning, motoring, motor sailing and sailing to Chesapeake City (free town dock free wifi). I will be leaving about 7:30 AM and riding a favorable current through the canal and up river to Essington.
Old 06-15-2014

Colin, really glad you could make it and everyone seemed to have lots of fun. Hope to see you again soon.

Gary
Old 06-15-2014
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough

Gary,

My sincere thanks to you and your better half for being such gracious hosts! It was great weather and a nice turnout. It was great putting faces to the names that I see posting here, as well as meeting some of your marina neighbors, especially Piotr ("Vahevala") who lives less than a mile from me.

Now that the day has passed I can explain why I had to leave in such a hurry. It was my birthday and my family was preparing my birthday dinner. That's why I only had such a short time to shoot down there and say hello. I didn't want to mention it yesterday because I didn't want everyone making a big deal of it.

Thanks again for the great time! I'm looking forward to cruising down into the upper Bay in a couple weeks.

-- Rick
DRFerron and jameswilson29 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Old 06-16-2014

For those that wanted the recipes of my Smoked Salmon and Roasted Garlic & Onion Marmalade, here ya go:

SMOKED SALMON

There are lots of good recipes for smoked salmon. Unfortunately, there are not many great recipes for smoked fish, but this particular one seems to be the best of all. After more than five years of experimentation, using every species of fish available in the mid-Atlantic region, the recipe has been modified until it has finally reached the pinnacle of perfection. If you enjoy the flavor of smoked fish, especially oily species such as salmon, bluefish, Atlantic mackerel, king mackerel and cobia, you'll love this.

BRINE SOLUTION
2 qts. Water
1 cup dark brown sugar
4 tblsp. Old Bay Seafood Seasoning
4 tblsp. chopped, fresh Vidalia onions
˝ cup kosher salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tblsp. Montreal steak seasoning
6 drops Worcestershire sauce
1 tblsp. lemon juice

DIRECTIONS:
Thoroughly mix all ingredients of brine solution in a plastic container until salt and sugar are completely dissolved. Using a flat, Tupperware container pour in a small amount of bring solution (about one-inch deep). Cut fish fillets into inch-thick, four-inch squares and place them in the container in layers. After the first layer is in place, pour in enough brine solution to cover them, then add the second layer and continue until all the fillets are covered with brine. Cover the container using a sealable lid or Saran Wrap and refrigerate for five days. Be sure to agitate the container at least once daily to prevent the brine ingredients from settling–this is important. If there are several layers of fillets, it's also a good idea to occasionally separate them at least once daily to ensure all surfaces are exposed to the brine.

At the end of the brining period, remove the fillets and pat dry with paper towels. Place them on a broiler pan sprayed with Pam non-stick vegetable oil and bake in a 350-degree, preheated oven for 25 minutes, then place the fillets in the smoker. Using an electric smoker, smoke for approximately two hours using hickory chips. When the fillets are golden brown in color, remove them from the smoker, allow a few minutes for them to cool, then place them in Zip-Loc bags and refrigerate overnight before serving. While they taste good fresh from the smoker, the hickory flavor penetrates the meat completely when refrigerated in air-tight bags. The smoked fillets will last up to six weeks in the refrigerator and may be frozen for up to three months. Smoked fillets can be shredded and used with your favorite dip, or you can make a fantastic smoked salmon salad to be used as a substitute for tuna-salad. Enjoy!

ROASTED GARLIC & ONION MARMALADE

2 Tblsp. Beef broth
12 cups thinly sliced red and yellow onions
1/4-cup roasted garlic
1/4-cup balsamic vinegar
3 cups cane sugar
1-1/2 cups water
1 pkg. Sure-Gel or Fruit Pectin
2 Tblsp. Orange Juice
1 Tsp. Black pepper

In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm broth, add onions and garlic, cover and cook until translucent and very soft (about 45 minutes). Add sugar and stir until completely dissolved. Uncover, lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring periodically. Add vinegar and cook until the onion is caramelized, about 45 minutes longer. Add pepper, water and orange juice, bring to a strong boil, then stir in Sure-Gel and cook about one additional minute at high boil. Remove from heat, place in sterilized jars and seal while hot to prevent spoilage. NOTE: This recipe is adapted from an onion marmalade recipe and should be adjusted to suit your taste. You may wish to add more sugar, garlic or vinegar. Serve over cream cheese with crackers or use as a glaze for any type of roast. Enjoy!

Oh, and the burgers were Johnsonville Grillers, bacon and cheddar cheese flavor, available at Wallmart and Safeway.

Gary
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thought I would add short video of the entertainment that day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K2U...ature=youtu.be
Old 3 Weeks Ago
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

Just so no one thinks Gary was there by himself. Our own deltaten:

jameswilson29 likes this.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne

Last edited by DRFerron; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:34 AM.