Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2006
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Looking for some real sailing - upper Bay

There must be a time that your love ones do not want to sail, but you do.

If you canít find people to go with you sailing on the weekend, how about give us a call. My son (17) and I would love to go with one working day notice. We want to gain more keelboat experience, especially in the bad weather. We donít mind to share any incurred expense. We can provide to lunch and dinner if needed. I can even have Wifey to prepare hot lunch for us (but she stays on dry land).

We sail extensively with our Catalina Capril 14.2 on Elk Neck particular in this year. We are easy-going, well educated with good common sense. Please PM me if you don't mind to help. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2006
Sailmanles

longwaterline is on a distinguished road
Wanderer

A Quote From Sterling Hayden's Book, Wanderer
To be truly challenging, a voyage, like a life, must rest on a firm foundation of financial unrest. Otherwise, you are doomed to a routine traverse, the kind known to yachtsmen who play with their boats at sea... cruising it is called. Voyaging belongs to seamen, and to the wanderers of the world who cannot, or will not, fit in. If you are contemplating a voyage and you have the means, abandon the venture until your fortunes change. Only then will you know what the sea is all about.
I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go. They are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. And in the worship of security we fling our lives beneath the wheels of routine - and before we know it our lives are gone.
What does a man need - really need? A few pounds of food each day, heat and shelter, six feet to lie down in - and some form of working activity that will yield a sense of accomplishment. That's all - in the material sense, and we know it. But we are brainwashed by our economic system until we end up in a tomb beneath a pyramid of time payments, mortgages, preposterous gadgetry, playthings that divert our attention for the sheer idiocy of the charade.
The years thunder by, The dreams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience. Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.
Where, then, lies the answer? In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?
Old 09-18-2006
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by longwaterline
Wanderer

A Quote From Sterling Hayden's Book, Wanderer
To be truly challenging, a voyage, like a life, must rest on a firm foundation of financial unrest. Otherwise, you are doomed to a routine traverse, the kind known to yachtsmen who play with their boats at sea... cruising it is called. Voyaging belongs to seamen, and to the wanderers of the world who cannot, or will not, fit in. If you are contemplating a voyage and you have the means, abandon the venture until your fortunes change. Only then will you know what the sea is all about.
I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go. They are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. And in the worship of security we fling our lives beneath the wheels of routine - and before we know it our lives are gone.
What does a man need - really need? A few pounds of food each day, heat and shelter, six feet to lie down in - and some form of working activity that will yield a sense of accomplishment. That's all - in the material sense, and we know it. But we are brainwashed by our economic system until we end up in a tomb beneath a pyramid of time payments, mortgages, preposterous gadgetry, playthings that divert our attention for the sheer idiocy of the charade.
The years thunder by, The dreams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience. Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.
Where, then, lies the answer? In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?
Hmmm, I donít quite follow the quote that you posted.

Neither I want to bankrupt my purse nor do I want to bankrupt my life. As a kind hearted fellow, I donít want to impose any other to bankrupt their life or purse. If we do everything in moderation, we can have it all. Obviously, it is hard work, patience and commitment.

Peace.
Old 10-20-2006

Radicalcy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Radicalcy
Upper Bay Sailing

Rockdawg,
I'm not upper bay, but not too far south. I have boats in Urbanna and Deltaville. Let me know if you're interested and we'll work out the times. I attempt to sail all thru the winter months.
Larry Wilson
Richmond,Va.
Old 02-03-2007
The Paranoid

tha3rdman is on a distinguished road
North east is a-hop-skip from HDG, We have a 26 ft Pearson Ariel, that I'm always looking for crew, normally during the week, just for the day, as on the weekend the skipper (my wife) is aboard. I'll post when she get put back in the water, this spring theres a bit of work to be done on her (Deck recore/paint).
Old 12-15-2007

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Always looking for a crew. especially every third weeknd when my wife works. I am on the Patapsca near the bay. Roc Creek, E mail me.
Old 03-20-2008

NTitledII is on a distinguished road
crewing opportunities at NERYC

How about coming over to North East River Yacht Club on a Thursday nights (informal) or Saturday afternoons to race with us or any other member looking for crew? Check out the website: NERYC.com Under Sail Racing you will find the 2008 schedule. If any of those dates are of interest to you, send me an email - the contact information is on the website also.

Barbi Taylor
NERYC Sail Race Committee Co-Chair
N'Titled2
Wauquiez Centurion 40S
Old 05-23-2008

KiwiPaul is on a distinguished road
I realise this post is somewhat old but are you still 'always' looking for crew ?
I am not able to email on this forum yet but I am sure you can email me - let me know.

I am new to sailing but am very eager to learn.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.