SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

DIY boat yard?

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  T37Chef 
#1 ·
Hello,
I am looking for DIY boat yard to do bottom painting this summer. Possibly around Annapolis area . Do you know about any and how much they charge.

Thank you,

Maciej

#3 ·
Bert Jabin's on Back Creek would have the room. However, you'll pay for a haul-out, for the time spent on the hard "in storage," and for launching the boat. I have a slip there, so my winter storage when I am on the hard is slightly discounted. I am paying just a bit under $5 a foot per month this winter. Haul-out and launch in the neighborhood of $80 for each (just a guess based on last year; I am not at home, so I don't have access to my files). Summer rates (which start on April 1) for storage are higher than winter rates. Local phone number is 410-268-9667; DC phone number is 301-261-1788.

I suppose it is possible that for a haul-out just to paint the bottom, they might have some type of package "deal."

#5 ·
Port Annapolis right next to Bert Jabins works about the same - you pay the haulout and the blocking fee and, depending on how long you stay - storage fees.

This may be a busy time at marinas so ask them early. Going further south prices may be lower, I suppose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.