Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2007

BrianInIraq is on a distinguished road
"I also draw 4', and have always cut between the two range markers with no problems. A friend was in Swan creek this weekend as well, he draws 5' and cut just North of the tall (northern) range light with no issues."

Good to know! Coming outta the Patapsco myself, I'd always skirt just north of the light going into Rock Hall or Swan Creek when i drew 4'3. Next season I'll be drawing 5'2!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-06-2007
Not So Senior Member

Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef View Post
We just spent Sunday night in Swan Creek this past labor day weekend. (BTW...what a awesome sail back Monday!)
Just missed you, I was in Swan Creek Saturday night. I made my way up to Hendersons near Fells Point on Monday......GEEZ. The Patapsco was a zoo. I think most of the motor boaters had their auto pilots set to "heat seeking". Is it usually that bad?
Old 09-06-2007

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperwhite View Post
Just missed you, I was in Swan Creek Saturday night. I made my way up to Hendersons near Fells Point on Monday......GEEZ. The Patapsco was a zoo. I think most of the motor boaters had their auto pilots set to "heat seeking". Is it usually that bad?
The holidays is when all PB come out in unfortunate ### So I try to avoid those spots like Baltimore, Annapolis, etc...all the hots spots. I bet Fairlee was packed with stink potters

What the name of your boat...I'll keep a look out for ya

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Photo by Joe McCary
Old 09-06-2007

freddy4888 is on a distinguished road
Hey Chef, we must of crossed paths Sunday because I was doing the tour of Swan Creek at aprox. 5pm before heading back to Tolchester. Your right about the sailing conditions on Monday, we had a blast sailing over to Middle River and back
Old 09-06-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy4888 View Post
Hey Chef, we must of crossed paths Sunday because I was doing the tour of Swan Creek at aprox. 5pm before heading back to Tolchester. Your right about the sailing conditions on Monday, we had a blast sailing over to Middle River and back
lol...at about 5:00 my daughter and I were cruising the harbor in the dink...Cheers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Photo by Joe McCary
Old 09-06-2007
Not So Senior Member

Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
The holidays is when all PB come out in unfortunate ### So I try to avoid those spots like Baltimore, Annapolis, etc...all the hots spots. I bet Fairlee was packed with stink potters

What the name of your boat...I'll keep a look out for ya

One day I was going into Worton and just passing Fairlee when a gang of about 30 jet skis came blasting out at full speed from the Fairlee Creek entrance. Since that day I've had a feeling like Fairlee isn't my kinda hang out.

My boat is Jessica Anne out of Havre De Grace, but I usually hit Worton or Still Pond on overnighters. If I do three or more days then I go south into your territory.
This past week I anchored in Still Pond, Cacaway Island, Swan Creek, Dobbins Island, then got a slip at Hendersons Wharf near Fells Point for two nights, then back over to Worton, and finally back to HDG (in that order). I probably crossed paths with someone out there.
Old 09-06-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperwhite View Post
One day I was going into Worton and just passing Fairlee when a gang of about 30 jet skis came blasting out at full speed from the Fairlee Creek entrance. Since that day I've had a feeling like Fairlee isn't my kinda hang out.

My boat is Jessica Anne out of Havre De Grace, but I usually hit Worton or Still Pond on overnighters. If I do three or more days then I go south into your territory.
This past week I anchored in Still Pond, Cacaway Island, Swan Creek, Dobbins Island, then got a slip at Hendersons Wharf near Fells Point for two nights, then back over to Worton, and finally back to HDG (in that order). I probably crossed paths with someone out there.
Man...you had some great weather for that trip. Love Still Pond, haven't been this year but hopefully before the season is over

Photo by Joe McCary
Old 09-06-2007
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
Chef -- Thanks for noticing my teak! I busted my butt on it this spring and it does look good. Now to keep it that way! As for yours, ummm, I'm always available for advice.

As for stink potter traffic on the Patapsco, was last weekend Fells Point Funfest or some such thing? Fells Point does have some events that really draw the PB crowd and that is no fun. Of course, there's always the opening of rock fish season in the fall.

Sounds like we need to plan an overnighter somewhere with Sapper. That would be a blast.

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

good planets are hard to find-- a song by steve forbert

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.
Old 09-07-2007
Not So Senior Member

Quote:
Man...you had some great weather for that trip. Love Still Pond, haven't been this year but hopefully before the season is over
It wasn't too bad. I could have used a little more wind on a few days though. My boat is really heavy for a 27 footer, and she needs about 15kts. steady to really get moving. Monday morning was good until I started running north and the apparent wind dropped to 5-kts. Thursday (yesterday) was my best sailing day, I had 15kts. apparent from the north east. I was going back to HDG so that put me on a close reach and I hit 6+ boat speed the whole way home. My SOG was a little slower because of bad timing with the tide though.

I don't think there was an event going in Fells Point because the bars were pretty slow. I think it was just the weekend warriors coming back in.
Old 09-17-2007

theArchitect is on a distinguished road
Sailed to Rock Hall from Baltimore Saturday

Did anybody sail Saturday? The wind was really blowing and then my crew blew their breakfasts over the sides. Got to the sand bar near low tide and sailed south and around it. Sunday I sailed straight across just north of the #4 marker near high tide. I never saw anything shallower than 5.8 pop up on the depth sounder.