SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Chesapeake Bay (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/)
-   -   July 4th w/e...What's everyone doing? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/44583-july-4th-w-e-whats-everyone-doing.html)

craigtoo 07-01-2008 07:33 AM

July 4th w/e...What's everyone doing?

Hey guys...

Looks like I'll be racing on Saturday morning....with the YCCSC...

What's everyone doing the 4th? Anyone want to hang out / raft-up / meet-up?

I'll be around this week. Today I'm in St. Michaels... We'll sail back this evening... (If anyone happens to be here...lemmieno and we'll have a cup of coffee.../beer)

All the best for the 4th...
craig

JohnRPollard 07-01-2008 08:51 AM

Craig,

Bummer, looks like we're almost going to cross paths coming and going to St. Michael's!! If the wind is fair, we'll be there by Thursday. There is a Big Band Night, with barbecue, at the Maritime Museum on Saturday, followed by fireworks! So we'll be hanging around at least until then.

I would have liked to get a closer look at your Sabre, and those crinkly new sails. If all goes as planned, we'll have some crinkly sails up too!:)

craigtoo 07-01-2008 09:04 AM

Crinkly is Goooood!

Wait till you see the new running rigging! We've completely rebuilt her last week. Pics will be in G&M in the next few days...

We'll catch up with each other soon!

craig

camaraderie 07-01-2008 09:23 AM

Will be docking a ton of boats and watching the fireworks/1812 overture show go off across from the marina. Looking forward to another Mayberry circa 1950 4th of July here!

chucklesR 07-01-2008 10:03 AM

Not sure yet Craig, we might go out on sailabout (no definite plans other than to do something) Friday. If we are in the area we'll do the race, if not we'll be planted somewhere admiring the water off our stern and the company at our side.
If we don't got anywhere friday, we'll maybe do committee boat saturday. If so be sure and drop by and say hello.

craigtoo 07-01-2008 10:05 AM

Absolutely Chuck!

We'll be coming down the Magothy tonight... I'm sure I'll be out on my boat or Dad's in the next few days as well...

1092 on the sails! (0r 1091 on Dad's)

Monitor VHF 68

craig

chucklesR 07-01-2008 10:14 AM

Cool.
Dr's appt this afternoon, but I might get out and about later. Weather is fabulous. I'll holler on 68 if I do.
987 on the sails.

CharlieCobra 07-01-2008 10:36 AM

I'm hosting a party on the 3rd for the Big Lake fireworks display and then probably going up the mast on the 4th so I can sail this weekend.

T37Chef 07-01-2008 11:12 AM

We're in Solomon's today, headed to St Mary's in a couple of hours. Hopefully Tangier Island tomorrow and then...? Annapolis, Wye, dunno know whats next...what fun, I love it.

sailortjk1 07-01-2008 11:12 AM

I have two nieces; ages 20 & 22, my two daughters; ages 16 & 18, & two boyfriends, along with Myself and Julie on board for the fireworks off of our South Pier Head. We will anchor off the beach arround 6:00; swim and eat until the show. Julie and I will be sleeping on board our dock neighbor's trawler and with in very close proximilty to the kids!!!!

Sounds like fun, right? Any volunteers to keep an eye on the young adults will be much appreciated.

Saturday the kids go home and our friends come up to enjoy the pool and clubhouse with their young children.

Sunday is for us to enjoy each other and a leisurley day sail.