SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

FALL 2008 - Sailnet Rendezvous Chesapeake!

11K views 115 replies 21 participants last post by  MtnMike 
#1 ·
Hello friends,

I was wondering if there would be any interest in a Fall raft up - Late September? October?

It's a beautiful time to be out on the bay.... Sept 20 is a raft-up for my local club....so that would be out for me. but....

...I could make something work on most other weekends in Oct, Sept...

I would propose a more "southerly" destination - St Michael's for instance - to include some of the folks that couldn't make our last feast! Solomons could also be a great idea...!?

Any other suggestions? Times? Locations? Interest?

All the best,
craig

#63 ·
Chuckles,
You can order a blue blazer on the Internet for a good price, but you have to provide your own gold buttons. As a commodore i do hope you have proper white shoes to wear with the new blue blazer you'll have to buy. Check out e-bay, they have 'em in poly blends for about 30 normal buck (not boat dollars).
Cy

#69 ·
lmao, very true. IOU 2 a beer for that one.

However, I'll be at the show when it opens and will probable have realized by 4pm that I can't afford anything there, so I'll be ready to leave, and meet up with "normal" people who buy used boats. :)

#70 ·
Okay, Dan & I'll be able to stake some territory beginning at 5. If the weather's nice, we'll go for one of the gazebos on the map. If the weather's icky, we'll stake the bathhouse. PM me if you're coming and I'll PM you my cellphone number. Or, my email is just my screen name "@att.net"

See you all on Saturday!!!

#71 ·
Craig,
You and ZZ keep in touch, Mary and I normally browse around and wear out about 4-5, so if you want we can gather the clans early and stake out a table.

I can drink and talk a lot longer than I can walk around and look at stuff I don't want to afford.

#74 ·
I will be at the show all weekend. Count me in on Sat. Are we meeting at the same place as last year. I think I can find it. It was great meeting all the wonderful sailneters and look forward to it again this year.

#78 ·
So...due to babysitting issues, it looks like we'll be doing the show Friday and then meet Saturday at Port Annapolis around 5-6. BYOB and pitch in for pizza.

Maybe I'll sail the new boat over...(wake up fool, you'll never buy a new boat..damn it)

#79 ·
Flying in today from Colorado for the Boat Show. Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday.
We're not familiar with the area, so if someone wouldn't mind would you PM me a cell number so we could call for directions to the party if we get lost? I should be able to get it when I hook up to WiFi at the motel.

Thanks
Mike

#80 ·
As you come into Port A (link to marina directions in post #73) follow the main road. It will bend around to the right. When you get to the flagpole, you will have to turn either right or left - go left. Park. There are two gazebos, one at the left-hand corner of the parking lot near "E" dock; one at the other at the right-hand corner near the entrance to "G" dock. We'll take whichever is vacant. We'll also try and post signs, 'cuz I don't have a SailNet burgee.

MtnMike, I PM'ed you my cellphone number in case you get lost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.