SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

FALL 2008 - Sailnet Rendezvous Chesapeake!

11K views 115 replies 21 participants last post by  MtnMike 
#1 ·
Hello friends,

I was wondering if there would be any interest in a Fall raft up - Late September? October?

It's a beautiful time to be out on the bay.... Sept 20 is a raft-up for my local club....so that would be out for me. but....

...I could make something work on most other weekends in Oct, Sept...

I would propose a more "southerly" destination - St Michael's for instance - to include some of the folks that couldn't make our last feast! Solomons could also be a great idea...!?

Any other suggestions? Times? Locations? Interest?

All the best,
craig

#93 ·
:D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :)

Ya know...we could also play the "What is zz saying to the person on the phone"... game.

I'll start..

"No Honey.. No.. see.. I swear... it's mostly guys! ... really talking about sailng... yes... no.. wait.. no.. .... .I KNOW you caught me that one time on the internet... yes.. I know it was gross.... but .... wait.. .. NO I'm NOT GAY... listen.. we're just hangin' out.. I swear .. having a beer.... no...."CHUCKLES" ...is just the name he picked...! no! ....... ok.. listen.. I'll call you later... I promise... "

Anyway... that's what I heard...

I'm going to hide now.... as a matter of fact... "s'cuse me while I fly to Eastern Europe..."

:D :D :D :D :D :p :p :p :p :p :p

#100 ·
Sorry we missed you all. We wound up leaving Rock Creek late at 1 and anchored way up in Spa Creek as we only had Sunday AM to do the show.

We seriously looked at the sabre 42 which I liked a lot. Not sure about the green hull. My wife like the 46 Hylas, but I would need to rob a bank.

#106 ·
Top Pic
Mrs. T37Chef, C2, T37Chef
I agree, that is definitely the "top pic" so far, well except for the fact that your in it C2 :p :D LOL I am cracking myself up:D

Thanks for the pics Mike, looks like I forgot to suck it in though. I cant believe we didn't take a single picture. Are there anymore? Anyone? Anyone?

It was great to see Craigtoo, Eryka & Dan again, and meeting everyone else, especially the legend himself...Mr. Sailingdog...(Although, I thought he would have been taller? ;):D :p "Must be ___ tall to step on the pier" wasn't that you speaking C2???? Dog, have you given any thought to changing your screen name to Sailingpuppy???? More endearing don't ya think???? :D

Great conversation with everyone, but it seemed to go by so fast...next thing you know we were left having to hang out with zz4gta...:eek: :cool: ;) :D Nice wheels BTW ZZ:cool:

#105 ·
Yeah YEAH funny funny man.

Just wait till I tell you how to get to my dock with your boat....

*trust me*.... c'mon ...those silly markers....red green nonsense... trust the local guy.. he'll tell you how to navigate the channel..!

:D :D :D

Keep that last red one to your left.. no.. really.. it's ok.... it's quicker! Saves time! Go ahead! :p :p

#112 ·
Mike,
I see that sextant finally got you back home (or did your resort to GPS). It's hard to take sight's with a painkiller in hand isn't it.

SD,
No, didn't get out, we were trying to use your software all afternoon, fruitlessly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.