Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2008
Seasoned Salt

Trekka is on a distinguished road
SSCA Annual Annapolis Gam in Edgewater Sept 19-20

The SSCA (Seven Seas Cruising Association) is holding their "22nd Annual Annapolis Gam" at Camp Letts in Edgewater on Friday and Saturday September 19-20th. The camp is accesible by land, of course, but many attendees will be sailing in and anchoring near the camp which is on the Rhode River at Bear Neck Point.

There is a day of events; seminars, classes, demonstrations, flea market, lunch & dinner, music, and a whole big bunch of cruising people and welcomed wannabees.

Non members are very welcome! And since it is not being held at Port Annapolis during the Sailboat Show the cost of attending is a lot less - only $20 for non members.

Details here: The Seven Seas Cruising Association - Gams and Workshops
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-18-2011

Lin and Larry is on a distinguished road
Wrong dates for SSCA Annapolis gam

I noted the dates shown in this post were wrong. The Gam is actually on September 23 to 25th. Reason I noted this is Larry and I have been invited to take part. We'll be on the east coast for the introduction of my new book, (Bull Canyon - a Boatbuilder, a Writer and other Wildlife by Lin Pardey). We have already signed up to do a seminar on Cost Control while you cruise. I am considering doing an indepth seminar on topping up the cruising kitty by writing cruising articles, books and blogs and doing video work . Tory Salvia who runs TheSailingChannel and is a well respected video creater and editor has offered to work alongside me. Before we put this program together we'd need to know if this would interest people as, like some of the other indepth seminars at the gam such as the diesel engine clinic, there would be a charge for this session.
Old 06-19-2011
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
I have looked into the program. For 20 clams, that is a bargain. I will plan to attend to hear the experts talk. I may join to SSCA if the initiation is geared toward the common folks.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 06-20-2011
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Rock - SSCA is a nice organization, good folks. Not sure what you mean by it being geared to "the common folks?" As the name implies, they're more oriented toward long-term, long-distance cruising than day or weekend sailing. Financially, they run the gamut from the guys in their shiny 50+ foot Hylases to the just-getting-by types in boats older than they are ...

I noticed that Trekka's original post is dated 2008, so assume Lin & Larry have the correct dates for the 2011 gam. Glad they changed the weekend to no longer be the same time as the boat show - too many schedule conflicts with boat show weekend!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Old 06-21-2011

aa3jy is on a distinguished road
Off the SSCA 'List of Events' calender:

Annapolis Gam Camp Letts,
Edgewater, MD Sept. 23-25, 2011

We might show up for this one..upper reaches of the Rhode's has plenty of room.
Old 08-24-2011
Seasoned Salt

Trekka is on a distinguished road
It's a blast- especially if you sail in for it. Last year there were over 70 boats that I counted at anchor. Plus the majority of people arrive by land so it is a huge, yet very accessible gathering of friendly cruising sailors. It is orders of magnitude larger than it was when held at Port Annapolis (pleasant as that was, only a single day). And the price for the event is cheap for all you get. If you want to go real cheap, pack your own lunch.

ref "common folks" This is a group of people who love to share information, tips, techniques. Whether you have done 2 circumnavigations (even backwards, with one hand tied behind...) or just making it out of a local creek onto the big bay for the first time, you can feel at home.

Yes, the top post with dates was from 3 years ago.

Trekka CSY33

Last edited by Trekka; 08-24-2011 at 12:26 AM. Reason: correctde tpyos