SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Urbanna Oyster Festival?

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tausap 
#1 ·
Anybody been to the Urbanna Oyster Festival by boat? I drove down there last year and after sitting in traffic for 2 hours to go the last 3 miles I thought I would sail in this year.

Found out they wanted $400 just to dock for the weekend at the city dock, so I am going to anchor in the creek instead for free. We are planning on getting there on (hopefully) Wednesday evening, the 5th, two days before it starts. Does anybody know how many days before the festival begins the anchorages fill up? Will that be enough? If not, how about good anchorages nearby?

#2 ·
Anybody been to the Urbanna Oyster Festival by boat? I drove down there last year and after sitting in traffic for 2 hours to go the last 3 miles I thought I would sail in this year.

Found out they wanted $400 just to dock for the weekend at the city dock, so I am going to anchor in the creek instead for free. We are planning on getting there on (hopefully) Wednesday evening, the 5th, two days before it starts. Does anybody know how many days before the festival begins the anchorages fill up? Will that be enough? If not, how about good anchorages nearby?
I haven't done it and know the place gets packed but I would think getting there two days in advance would be adequate to get a space to anchor. There are no anchorages other than the creek that I'm aware of that are close enough to be convienient for dingy access.

Unless something changes, I'll probably drive in again, since $450 is pretty steep for a one night party.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.