Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2009
Apropos of Nothing

painkiller will become famous soon enough
Sante, if you're still looking for a slip, try the marinas up on Rock Creek off the Patapsco. I know it's north of your range, but prices are significantly cheaper in that area. You'll have to put up with seeing the factories of Baltimore for scenery before taking that right to head for the Bay, but you'll save a bundle.

I kept a boat at White Rocks up there for a while. The owner, John, has slowly been fixing up the place over the past few 5+ years and the water is deep in the slips.

Bodkin Creek is pretty and you don't have the factory problem as much, but if you draw more than 4', I think it can be tricky, especially in the "Back Creek" tributary. It's been a while since I've poked in there, so try and get some more expert knowledge. But that creek is closer to the Magothy than Rock Creek. Probably about an hour closer as the sailboat flies.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-28-2009
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub

craigtoo will become famous soon enough craigtoo will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to craigtoo Send a message via Yahoo to craigtoo Send a message via Skype™ to craigtoo
I can recommend Magothy Marina.. but it's still about 5500/yr.

Pool/Showers/ etc.

No restaurant though.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I love
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-28-2009

Janssen is on a distinguished road
About Boat Slips

Dave, There are several C&C 35s docked in Jones Creek off of Old Road Bay at the northern side entrance to the Patapsco. Young's Boatyard is back there too and they have maybe 120 sailboats and Old Bay Marina maybe 100.

Dr. Yin races Dolce, a Red C&C 35 with the North Point Sailing Club. (Sometimes the Rock Creek sailors join North Point) Scambler a C&C 34 hot racer - hauls out at Old Bay too.
I am too old to race!

The big slips at Old Bay Marina are 14' to 20' wide and up to 50' long. They just sold two big trawlers and those large slips are open for $1,975 for the year. A slip for a 30' sailboat is $1,875 and a slip for a 27 footer is only $1,775, but if you want electric it is metered with BG&E. Cost me about $9.00 per month for electric as I only use a battery charger and a few lights and the microwave.

I hope to be out sailing on the Patapsco by early April.

George Janssen Nordic Nights C&C Mk III 1985 Dark Blue Hull

Last edited by Janssen; 01-28-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-29-2009

jswalls110 is on a distinguished road
You may want to look at Holiday Hill Marina in Mayo. No frills family run.
Old 01-29-2009

Maharinncess is on a distinguished road
Chesapeake Bay Boat Slip

Chespaeake Yacht Club on the West River is worth a look. Easy access to the Bay with great destinations for day or weekend excursions- St. Michaels, Annapolis, Knapps Narrows, etc. While docked, the on site ammenities include a pool, dining room and lounge. Other restaurants are close- by car or dinghy.
Old 01-29-2009

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maharinncess View Post
Chespaeake Yacht Club on the West River is worth a look. Easy access to the Bay with great destinations for day or weekend excursions- St. Michaels, Annapolis, Knapps Narrows, etc. While docked, the on site ammenities include a pool, dining room and lounge. Other restaurants are close- by car or dinghy.
I spoke to some folks from CYC at the B'almore Boat Show. The folks were really nice and the Marina seems nice. We may consider moving up there next season, but would need to get the scoop on costs.
Old 01-29-2009
Aeolus II

mccary is on a distinguished road
Cyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifesailor View Post
I spoke to some folks from CYC at the B'almore Boat Show. The folks were really nice and the Marina seems nice. We may consider moving up there next season, but would need to get the scoop on costs.
My slip looks out to the CYC (I am at a private dock), so I know the area well. West River is perfect place to sail from. There is a long narrow channel out from the anchorage area to the main part of West River but even in windy conditions I have never had problems. The channel is deep. "Most" of the boats coming and going in West River are sailboats but there are some power hogs there too.

If you race the Pirates Cove Race Club has an active Wednesday night beer can series.
Old 01-30-2009

fpersico is on a distinguished road
Chesapeake Yacht Club

As I noted in an earlier posting, I have been at Chesapeake Yacht Club for 30 years come this August. It is worth a call. I don't know the entire cost since after 25 years one becomes a life member and pays reduced fees. The great thing about CYC is that it is boating club without social memberships. So the club is for the 125 (or so) members. Can you say royal treatment? It is also a stock-held corporation, so we each have a vote in how it is run. We have a full-time manager who lives on site and who has been with us for nearly 25 years. Give a call at 301-261-5296! There are many planned cruises and activities. And, I am sure it is comparable price-wise with other marinas/clubs in the area.
Old 01-30-2009
kitejunkie

Last edited by kitejunkie; 01-25-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-31-2009

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
George.

We have a 52X18 slip whic runs us $1975+ a $2000 memebership fee; With that we have pool, clubhouse. restaurant/bar. and a great view of the water and Patapsco.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner