Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2010
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eryka View Post
Pending choice of a specific date, we have lots of holiday committments,
Hahah.... That is nice. Interestingly I am just opposite. During the Holidays, I am always free, no parties and commitments. I usually hang out in the city soup kitchen talking to Charlie and his friends, wondering where their children are.

Yes, it is indeed the time of the year. The sign of time has come for some of us to cast away to a presumed paradise. Like Lennon asked "What have we done"

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2010
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
I was going to suggest "Mike's" based on Joe's excellent review until I saw the request to be accessible from both sides of the Bay Bridge.

BTW, does it have to be a Saturday? (We've *already* got duelling conflicts for the 11th - this is what comes from - OMG - missing a year in the local area. Yeah, I know, we were off cruising and no one gives us any sympathy...)
Old 11-05-2010
Aeolus II

mccary is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eryka View Post
I was going to suggest "Mike's" based on Joe's excellent review until I saw the request to be accessible from both sides of the Bay Bridge.

BTW, does it have to be a Saturday? (We've *already* got duelling conflicts for the 11th - this is what comes from - OMG - missing a year in the local area. Yeah, I know, we were off cruising and no one gives us any sympathy...)
I am agreeable to either side of the Bridge, the closer the better for me and NO, it doesn't have to be a Saturday night. We could make it Friday or maybe a Sunday Brunch or any day/time as far as that's concerned, it isn't the fare, its the friends.

Mikes is pretty convenient, it is on Riva Rd at South River just a few minutes form Naptown. It is mostly a Crab House, if that's OK, it is fine with me.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-06-2010
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
We'd love to come by boat. Given winter winds and the impact on depth it would be nice to have 7 or 8' of water on the charts.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-06-2010
Aeolus II

Mikes, on South River. is on the West side of the Rte 2 Bridge.

Mikes is just east of the Riva Rd Bridge on the south side, past the #18 Red marker. The chart shows 14' in that area. The Rte 2 Bridge shows 53' vertical clearance.

I am not wed to this location, I am sure there are plenty of other places we could go. Does anyone have any ideas for a place or dates and times?
Old 11-06-2010
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
I don't fit under the Rt 2 bridge, but it looks like very reasonable dinghy distance.

I'm up for anything with reasonable water access except Cantler's. I can't abid Cantler's.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

Old 11-06-2010
Aeolus II

I did a search of restaurants in the mid Bay region. I found The Narrows. I have never been there, has anyone been there that can comment on quality?

It looks convenient to the Central Bay and is accessible by water. see chart below:
Old 11-06-2010
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
Hmm, I just looked at Mike's menu online: Mike's Crab House | Annapolis Crabs | Seafood Restaurant | Maryland Crabs and it looks pretty interesting. Plenty there for a couple of vegetarian/fish-etarians to eat.
Old 11-06-2010

kb3pwc is on a distinguished road
The Narrows at Kent Narrows

Gee Joe, the Narrows is a very nice place to eat. I found that it was a place I would take customers....it is not as casual as the usual fried food emporium choice one may find along the water. It seems to do a very brisk business so reservations for a large group would be necessary. Prices are more steep than Mike's but I do feel you do get a good meal and a very nice (refined) atmosphere. It is close to places for boats to tie up (Mear's or Piney Narrows) or anchor (Marshy Creek). Though it is convenient for those on the Eastern Shore, it is longer for those on the Western Shore to travel.

with kind regards,

Leslie
Old 11-07-2010

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
The Narrows is a very nice restaurant. Donna and I have gone a couple of time. The Chef has some creativity and many special menued items are recited by the servers and are not on the website menu. It is a fine dining restaurant with service which is better than average. It far outclasses almost all of the Annapolis Restaurants (i dont have high opinions of them save Joss) The wine list is also good at the Narrows. It is not a inexpensive restaurant.

TSolare37- we agree about Rusticos< We have had two great meals there. Varied selection...nice wines by the glass so you can try a couple or 4 of different types. Food was very good. Desserts are killer and authentic. Almost as good as our local favorites in Baltimore ( La Scalla and Della Notre).

Mikes looks like its a basic crab picking place. I am sure what it serves is done right. No criticisms there. It is meeting the people which is also important for us first. We can do that and have good food at the same time though.

Might I suggest a place Joe and I have been, Deep Creek on the Magothy. Menu has a lot more variety, good seafood, childrens menu for those attending with children. A little more centrally located than South River for those like us from up north. Fairly priced for those budget concious. Reachable by vessel ( I hate the South River entrance and ride in. but most of the PB have put their boats away. Deep Creek Restaurant and Marina - Waterfront Restaurant Annapolis Area

Because Donna and I work any get together on Friday or probably Sunday evening would proably rule us out, so Saturday evening is our preferred day.

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 11-07-2010 at 01:16 AM.