Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Re: Chesapeake Bay Eats

Can someone help me pin down where Skipper's Pier is? Is that the place on the right as you head up into Rockhold Creek? I'm working on updating the spreadsheet ...
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-07-2012
Tartan 37C

T37SOLARE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVAuspicious View Post
Can someone help me pin down where Skipper's Pier is? Is that the place on the right as you head up into Rockhold Creek? I'm working on updating the spreadsheet ...
Correct Dave, Skippers Pier is on Rockhold Creek across from HHN. But I'll need to add it is currently closed for renovations as there is a new owner as of May 1st.

There is also a great little restaurant up the road to Skippers, Pettie Greens. It's not as easily accessed from the water, but I've found the food to be much better than Skippers.
chef2sail likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SOLARE
T-37 #442
Old 05-07-2012
sv Cordelia

Nicklaus is on a distinguished road

Petie Green's is very good.

Skipper's is the first restaurant on the right once you come in the sea wall on Rockhold Creek. It will open back on May 10th, I believe. There used to be a massive parrot on the outdoor bar, not sure if the new owners will keep it post remodel.

Further up on the left almost connected to HHN is Calypso Bay and if you veer right at the split you can stop at Happy Harbor, which is a good dive bar.

But Solare is right, Petie Green's might be the best in Deale. Though Umai is good for sushi.
Old 05-14-2012

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough

I'd rank the Skipper's over Petie Greens, but agree Peties is worth a visit. I am concerned with the change of management at Skipper's though. I hope they continue as a place getting high marks in CBM's Best of the Bay. One caveat, I think Skippers Bloody Mary is awful, my wife loves them. I also tried a Mojito there and it was not my favorite either.

Happy Harbor is very resonably priced so I go there fairly regularly for breakfast before heading out on the boat and we are sushi fans so we hit Umai when the craving strikes. I really want to try some of the Korean entree's there as well.

I don't know where South County is but will keep an eye out for it.
Old 05-29-2012
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Swan Point Inn

We have driven past Swan Point Inn for five years and only this weekend ate there on the recommendation of our dock neighbor. We knew nothing about it ahead of time other than seeing it behind Muskrat Ally (which we frequent for breakfast as it's within an easy walk of our boat).

Rated: *****

Cost: Comparable to Bay Wolf (reviewed earlier), about $$$.

Dress: Other patrons had collars and casual clothing, we wore shorts and t-shirts but no one seemed to care. Next time we'll dress more appropriately. You enter the restaurant by walking through the bar area, which is casual and much like a locals' spot.

We both started out with the French onion soup (home made). It wasn't overly salted like some I've tasted that use commercial broth.

John had a craft beer and I had a glass of sangria.

John had crab cakes. The two good-sized cakes were all crab and seasoning. No filler. They were barely held together on the plate. His two sides were pickled beets (home made) and applesauce (server said it was poured fresh from the Musselman's jar).

I had Delmonico steak, blackened medium rare with southwest-style rub, a pat of butter on top and a side dish of a dipping sauce that was just a little thicker than an au jus. Well seasoned, well cooked. My sides were cole slaw (home made) and green beans with onions and peppers.

We finished with a peach cobbler (home made) that we shared.

Dessert selection also included: tiramisu, chocolate/peanut butter cake (looked more chocolate), carrot cake, a bunch more that I don't remember. Maybe eight in all.

The service was impeccable. Our waitress was attentive without being annoying, gave us the history of the restaurant. It is owned by two women in their seventies one of whom cooks along with the two chefs. They took off a couple years to travel and had someone else manage the restaurant. They've been back and in command for the past three or so years. Most of the food is home made and/or local. We have to take their word on that but it was delicious regardless.

The chef visited each table to see how everyone liked their meal and to chat. When we left everyone said good bye, including the bartender. Next time we'll try the bar menu.

The inn will pick up boaters at their marina if they need transportation.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne

Last edited by DRFerron; 05-29-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-04-2012
AEOLUS II

WouldaShoulda is on a distinguished road

We returned to the Annapolis Greek Festival at Constantine and Helen Church off Riva road. The Gyros so good we went back Sunday!!

The Tzatziki was mild and didn't linger all day the way some do.

They ran out of Aris Beer.

Fix is an American made Greek beer they had this year, the wife liked it but I prefer the bite of the Aris.

Gyros $8, Greek Beer $5. Pitchers of Yeungling or Miller Lite $10

Baked goods excellent!!

Looking forward to next year!!
Old 06-13-2012
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough

anyone have some input about Pussers on the "alley" in Annapolis? Caribbean.. mmmm

my current "project"!
Old 06-15-2012
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough

The linked (see my signature) pdf is fully updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseO30 View Post
anyone have some input about Pussers on the "alley" in Annapolis? Caribbean.. mmmm
Hi Denise - there are a couple of reviews in the worksheet. Short version: good (not great) views, generally good service and food but not consistent. Some very good, some fair. Worth a visit.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

Old 06-15-2012
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough

thanks SV!

my current "project"!
Old 10-12-2012
AEOLUS II

WouldaShoulda is on a distinguished road

Finally made it to Bridges on Kent Island for Lunch.

Modern waterside dining gets a little loud at night. I had the fish taco. Sandwhich and Pizza offerings looked appealing as well.

Best shoe string sea salt french fries ever!!

I'm told that dackage facilities are reasonable and accomodate larger vessels.