Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2012

BCC1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Chesapeake Bay Eats

My wife often goes to a wine tasting Thursday evenings at the Osprey Point Inn, which is at the Osprey Point Marina, Rock Hall. She usually stays for dinner and raves to me about the food.

Four of us ate there 2 weeks ago. If you are after fine dining at moderate pricing, I recommend it. The chef is a young man of 22 years and he is extremely talented, imo. They do a nice brunch Sunday mornings, too.

It's a very nice marina, too.

Last edited by BCC1; 10-14-2012 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Mary Lou helping me out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2012

mltroy is on a distinguished road

Umm......

Do you mean Osprey Point Restaurant? at Osprey Point Marina? in Rock Hall? Osprey Point Inn, Restaurant and Maina | Rock Hall MD | Eastern Shore Maryland | Chesapeake Bay ?

That's the only marina I know of that does Thursday wine tastings and has a restaurant as part of the marina. Prices may be moderate for fine dining but are on the high side for Rock Hall.

Mary Lou
Rhodes 22 Fretless
Rock Hall
Old 10-14-2012

BCC1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mltroy View Post
Umm......

Do you mean Osprey Point Restaurant? at Osprey Point Marina? in Rock Hall? Osprey Point Inn, Restaurant and Maina | Rock Hall MD | Eastern Shore Maryland | Chesapeake Bay ?

That's the only marina I know of that does Thursday wine tastings and has a restaurant as part of the marina. Prices may be moderate for fine dining but are on the high side for Rock Hall.

Mary Lou
Rhodes 22 Fretless
Rock Hall
Yep. You'd think I would remember the name. Thanks for the correction!
Old 11-05-2012

aa3jy is on a distinguished road

Went to Suicide Bridge Restaurant this past weekend wanted to conduct a follow-up review. Did the same menu as last..I did the 12 dollar value meal which consisted of an 8 oz. Prime rib with (2)sides. Les had the matched pair of Crab Cakes which we both shared each others main entree. Followed by their Key Lime pie. Les will conduct a more thorough follow on review as she is a more worldly consignor of restaurants due to her job travels...
Old 11-05-2012

kb3pwc is on a distinguished road

We had a slightly different feeling about our meal this time. Clayton's prime rib was generous, tender and flavorful. Big YUM there. My Backfin crab cakes were mostly filler. OK, you don't win all the time.... So then on to dessert. Who is not happy with something sweet at the end of the meal? So we ordered the Key Lime Pie. WOW, it was horrible!! Tasteless and not worth the calories. Did they leave out the lime? Was it old? It was like sweet glue. At least they were gracious enough to take it off our bill.

We will return to Suicide Bridge. Maybe we will both order the prime rib.

Happy dining, all.

Leslie

s/v Tango, CR 34
Lankford Bay Marina
Chester River, MD
Old 11-12-2012

Stopped in for lunch at Schaffers on the C&D canal Saturday..yes Schaffers is now open and has been since Labor Day. The building's interior is different but the view of the canal is still the same..

I will let Leslie give the details concerning the food fair as she is the restaurant connoisseur due to her worldly travels as she thinks a can o' Spam is not fit for human consumption..
Old 11-12-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Sheaffers opened around Aug as we stopped for diesel on our way to New England. The current is swift there also. The old restaurant had great views especially when. Tanker came through.

You guys must have visited by car. As when I saw you around 4 PM looked like you were headed to your favorite haunt Queenstown. The CR can be quick, but not tht quick

Was good seeing you, our night with the geese behind Cacaway was great. We got a really late start and made it in before darkness.

Dave
Old 11-12-2012

kb3pwc is on a distinguished road

It was fun to return to Schaffer's as it had been years since we have awaited for their new owners to fix it up and have some opening. The waitress advised they have yet to hold their Grand Re-Opening so I hardly know what that means....they are open with a more casual feeling facility. My memory is of white table clothes and very nice staid dinners with my Father, watching the vessels tie up and get away with all that current. Always interesting.

It seems to have a nice selection of items on the menu and a very open feel to the large timber arch that separates the dining area and the bar. All windows give you that nice view plus you can see the vessels anchored out in the small basin across the way.

We had sandwiches that were good but not inexpensive. I had a corn beef special. Good with little fat but not as spicy as I would like. Clayton had a caprese panni sandwich. Mine was enough to save half and enjoy for lunch the next day. It should be noted that they had a menu that looked very good for Thanksgiving. For all those who don't want to prepare a large meal, this could be just what one needs before the frenzy that many enjoy as "Black Friday".

It was good to see you Dave and Donna. You looked like you had an anchorage in mind. We got down to the boat late as there were things to get done at home. We were able to travel over to the Corsica for a lovely evening, I fixed a short rib beef burgundy in the pressure cooker with a salad and we were lulled to sleep by the geese talking through the night. What a lovely weekend.

Enjoy these warm days. There will not be many left, me thinks.

cheers,

Leslie

s/v Tango, CR 34
Lankford Bay Marina
Chester River, MD
Old 12-20-2012
AEOLUS II

WouldaShoulda is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb3pwc View Post
It was fun to return to Schaffer's as it had been years since we have awaited for their new owners to fix it up and have some opening. The waitress advised they have yet to hold their Grand Re-Opening so I hardly know what that means....they are open with a more casual feeling facility. My memory is of white table clothes and very nice staid dinners with my Father, watching the vessels tie up and get away with all that current. Always interesting.
Me too.

One of the more pleasent memories of being a kid in the late 60s/early 70s!!
chef2sail likes this.
Old 12-21-2012

Any feedback about these restaurants in Deal: Happy Harbor and Skippers Pier Waterfront..?Especially their crab cakes.

Thanks,

Clay AA3JY
s/v 'Tango

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.