Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009
Apropos of Nothing

painkiller will become famous soon enough
Hey, Joe.

Sam's is in Chesapeake Harbour Marina. Chesapeake Harbour Marina. Just tell the guard at the gate that you're going to the restaurant and they'll give you a parking pass.

Good stuff. A little pricey, but the food is good. In fine weather, you can sit outside at their tiki bar and ogle the megayachts tied up to the bulkhead.

Here's a direct link: Welcome to Sam's on the Waterfront

Last edited by painkiller; 01-05-2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Added direct link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2009
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
I used to keep my boat at Chesapeake Harbour Marina. The marina is a great place.

Sam's has mostly good food but is pretty pricey for what you get. The tiki bar is great in season.
Old 01-07-2009
AEOLUS II

WouldaShoulda is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccary View Post

My all time favorite is so very close to where I keep my boat, Pirates Cove in Galesville (I keep the boat just across the river). The Crab Cakes are among the Best and the Maryland Crab Soup is also pretty good too. I know they make other things but why bother...
I agree, however...

Have you had the Oyster Pan Roast or the Shrimp or Crab Salad on Croissant??

It's the spice of life!!
Old 01-07-2009
Aeolus II

mccary is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys, I will have to track down Sams. Does anyone have some good Bay recipes?fficeffice" />>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-03-2009
AEOLUS II

WouldaShoulda is on a distinguished road
I went to the boat after our snow and stopped by Jakes Steaks for lunch at the South Colony Shopping Center in Edgewater.

Good interpretation of the classic cheesteak there, though the roll was a little soft.

For around here though, aces!!
Old 02-04-2009

Tribe95 is on a distinguished road
Try Roy's on Fleeton Point, Reedville, VA. Basic, cheap, but great food and cold beer. Roy Headly is a commercial fisherman and friend of my wife's "people," as she calls her family He still crabs commercially (when there are crabs, that is). Great guy and a great place to get a home-cooked meal.

Of course, if you want GREAT Chesapeake Bay seafood delivered right to your door, you could always call my brother-in-law's seafood company and he'll come set up a "crab feed" wherever you want it. Much more fun that way .

Ron
Old 02-09-2009
Aeolus II

Sam's tried

My birthday was the 1st and I decided to take some family members out to dinner (well, that was morphed to lunch because of the Super Bowl). I took us to Sam's and it was GREAT! Thanks for the referral. I just bet it is VERY crowded in the summer.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-09-2009
Apropos of Nothing

painkiller will become famous soon enough
Actually, Joe, the restaurant isn't usually too crowded even in the summers. The outside area will fill up, but then again it only has a handful of tables. Call ahead for a reservation, but I don't recall ever seeing people waiting outside for their table to be called.
Old 02-10-2009
Aeolus II

Thanks Killer...

I will keep that in mind.
Old 02-10-2009

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
IMO, there is a dire need of some great restaurants that serve something other than crab cakes & crab soup on the bay. Also, most places are serving crap they buy from the big purveyors, its really sad!!!

We don't eat out much when sailing the bay, I usually leave disappointed and often disgusted.

That said, I do enjoy Waterman's in Rockhall for crabs, Chef Rorks Town Dock in St Michaels, Joss Sushi in Annapolis, all with-in walking distance from a dock.

I forgot to mention, if we're talking about including the Potomac/Georgetown/Washington DC, well then I could go on and on about some fine places to eat from the 5-star Citronelle to the typical French Bistro Francaise, still with in walking distance from Georgetown harbor

BTW...I heard Bob Kincaid of DC's acclaimed Kincaid's & Colvin Run Tavern just bought the Phillips restaurant in Annapolis, that could be fun?

1982 Tartan 37 CB - Hull #358

Last edited by T37Chef; 02-11-2009 at 12:35 AM.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.