Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2009

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
It will be a new concept restaurant not Phillips. Actually Phillips is trying to sell all their restaurants (O.C. and Inner Harbor) also. Their main business is the commercial one especially crabmeat from the far east, where most of their product comes from ( Thailand). They lost over 1100 emplyees and an operation in the large tsunami 3 years ago, and have struggle to come back from that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-18-2009

dell30rb is on a distinguished road
Anyone have any recommendations for places in Annapolis? something easily accessible by boat. I've seen a few in this thread. I'm going to be staying there march 3, 4, 5 (tues, wed, thurs) with two friends from college. Looking for good value, good bay seafood (crabs). Also looking for some good bars to go to at night.
Old 02-18-2009
Apropos of Nothing

painkiller will become famous soon enough
Check out Davis' Pub in Eastport if you're looking for a good bar full of locals.
Old 02-18-2009
Aeolus II

mccary is on a distinguished road
March is not quite prime crab season. But I bet you can find some good food. For a place accessible by boat try Sam's on the Waterfront (Welcome to Sam's on the Waterfront) and Cantler's on Mill Creek (Cantler's: Maryland Blue Crab Houses Seafood Restaurants Waterfront). I would call both before going to see if they do have crabs (they will have crab dishes,but maybe not steamed crabs).
Old 02-20-2009
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dell30rb View Post
Anyone have any recommendations for places in Annapolis? something easily accessible by boat. I've seen a few in this thread. I'm going to be staying there march 3, 4, 5 (tues, wed, thurs) with two friends from college. Looking for good value, good bay seafood (crabs). Also looking for some good bars to go to at night.
Annapolis is a culinary wasteland. There really is not much here that is a good value.

That said, Davis' Pub in Eastport is a great place to hang out. Not fancy, but very good value. Jack's Fortune (anchor in Back Creek and walk up along South side) is great Chinese. Joss on Main Street is the best sushi around. Lemongrass on West St is good Thai.

Find a member to invite you to Eastport Yacht Club. Very good kitchen.

Bars: Middleton's at City Dock is decent, as is Pusser's at the Marriott. Don't expect great food, but the crowds are fun.

Cantler's is a pit.

If you want crabs, hit Annapolis Seafood on Forest Ave and cook your own. It's darn expensive these days, and much of it isn't local in the restaurants.

Last edited by SVAuspicious; 03-02-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-20-2009

hobohut is on a distinguished road
If your looking for a good burger try the Bay Hundred Restaurant right next to the Knapps Narrows Marina on Tilghman Island. It was so good I took a picture, which ill post once the forum lets me.

Also I remeber liking Woody's Crab House in the town of North East, MD
Old 02-20-2009
kitejunkie

Last edited by kitejunkie; 12-26-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-20-2009

hobohut is on a distinguished road
Its hard to imagine you had such a bad experience there. Mine food there was so good. Restaurants can be hit or miss sometimes though. Whens the last time you ate there?
Old 02-23-2009
AEOLUS II

WouldaShoulda is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitejunkie View Post
bay hundred, thats the one, thanx for the remind, both times ive been there the food and service were a joke, even the drinks were watered down garbage, mabey its better during the day, but i wouldnt spend money there if it was the last place to eat
The only strong negative I have experienced has been Riptides in Edgewater.

Home

We walked in and were seated but when no one came to our table in 30+ minutes we just left!!
Old 03-01-2009

donhaller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dell30rb View Post
Well I guess you are in Annapolis or very close to getting there tonight. It is now snowing and there will probably be 8" or more on the ground by morning. However, I hear it will be in the mid 40s by Tuesday or Wednesday to wash it all away.

I think there have been a lot of good suggestions here regarding places to eat, however I really think it all depends on where you guys will be tying up your horses. I lived in in downtown Annapolis for several years and think you will find the Eastport restaurants and pubs more appealing to the sailing crowd. Indeed Davis' Pub would be first on my list as I was just there last week and things are just the way they always have been; Cozy and warm. They have a great Cheeseburger with Swiss and Mushrooms!!!

Whether Jimmy Cantlers' place is a dump or not, you will need a car to get there or you will have to move the boat to his dock. I'm not sure of the winter hours.

Where I live in Calvert County I know local places that still get decent crabs at somewhat affordable prices this time of the year, but I would expect them to cost at least $75 to $95 or more per dozen in Annapolis if you find them now. However, winter crabs are awesome if you can find them.

If I were docked in 'Naptown near "Ego Alley" or the Yacht club area I would be sitting at Middleton's Tavern listening to some nice music and drinking a good hoppy beer and chilln' with my old college buddies!!!

Have fun!!