Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2009

leslieowen is on a distinguished road
Baltimore Boat Show 2009

Happy New Year to the SailNet Chesapeake Bay bloggers. Does anyone know anything about the 2009 Baltimore Boat Show? Last year we did go but found that only a small part of that show was directed to sailboats. Many more exhibitors from power boats seemed to be on display.

I was not able to find who would be giving seminars and what the topics are. If any of you hardy sailors have received or heard anything, please pass along. Boat Shows are a nice break from Winter's cold, no-boat activities. We miss the All Sail show that used to happen in Atlantic City. Oh well.

Cheers,

Leslie
S/V "Tango"
Kent Island, MD
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2009

SOUNDBOUNDER is on a distinguished road
I have been to the Annapolis show, as well as the Atlantic City show, but I am unfamiliar with the Baltimore show.
Did the AC show move to Philadelphia, or has it been entirely discontinued???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-08-2009
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Baltimore Boat Show
Old 01-08-2009

Wellll, the AC show seemed to go to Philly on a much smaller scale. Annapolis is the grand daddy of all the in water shows. That one is hard to beat.
The nice thing of the AC show was it fell when we were looking for a boating fix and the seminars were good.
Last years Baltimore show was a mix of power and sail, mostly power. We wondered if it was worth the price of admission to go this year. The seminars on sailing certainly help when the items for sale are not geared to sail focused folk. The web site did not offer much than time and costs of tickets.

thanks for writing back.

Leslie
Old 01-09-2009
Cabo Rico 38

jongoose is on a distinguished road
Leslie

We went to the Baltimore show last year also and were not impressed as it did not give us the fix we needed. I understand from Smiling Jack who is part owner in Gratitude Yacht Sales her in Rock Hall that the Island Packet will be just about the only sailboats on display. He is also planning on taking some items from his store. I guess we are going to pass this year. We also went to the Philadelphia show two years ago but they have not planned another as far as I know.

Hal
Old 01-09-2009

Happy New Year Hal. Thanks for the feedback. That is what we kind of felt when we looked at the web site. Most venders seem to be focused on power and when it came to seminars, there was no information given. Too bad as I am sure there are lots of sail type folks who share the need for the boat fix this time of year. As we sat looking over Kent Narrows, we did see a larger ratio of sail boats to power last summer. Course that is what $4+ fuel prices do. Who knows what the coming season will bring.

Keep warm.

Leslie
S/V "Tango"

Last edited by leslieowen; 01-09-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-09-2009
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
I enjoyed going last year and will likely go again. I have found a number of power boat doodads that have appeal to sailboaters (at least liveaboard sailboaters) that aren't usually marketed to us. It's also a chance to catch up on dinghies, guide boats, and kayaks. Finally a boat-fix is a boat-fix and it's darn cold these days. I might even sail up.
Old 01-09-2009

SOUNDBOUNDER is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVAuspicious View Post
I enjoyed going last year and will likely go again. I have found a number of power boat doodads that have appeal to sailboaters (at least liveaboard sailboaters) that aren't usually marketed to us. It's also a chance to catch up on dinghies, guide boats, and kayaks. Finally a boat-fix is a boat-fix and it's darn cold these days. I might even sail up.
I have done that at the New York show.
I spend my time looking at kayaks, Boston Whalers, barbeques, handheld radios etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-09-2009
Sail Geek

duman311 is on a distinguished road
Well I got 2 free tickets to it. The kids are free. The last several years they gave away a free annual subscription to a boating magazine. Last year we got Cruising World which was neat. Parking is free too.

Of course going there requires a dinner/meal for the family somewhere around Inner Harbor or Little Italy so its not free. That is the price of having the family along!!
Old 01-09-2009

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Last year there was a Lazer or some such small, racy sailboat there and those guys were fun to talk to.

Like SVAuspicious said, this time of year a boat fix, is a boat fix and I'll add you gotta get your licks in when you can. I plan to go Saturday despite the show being more aimed at the powerboater.