SailNet gathering, Friday night of Annapolis Boat Show - Page 6 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2009
Tartan 37C

T37SOLARE is on a distinguished road
We were at the show last Friday, but had to get home to deal with the teenage daughter so we weren't able to make the meet-up, hopefully we'll finally make it to the next SN gathering.

Eryka,

Today was a nasty, nasty day to be out on the water... glad you made it to Deltaville in relative comfort. Godspeed on you travels south, looking forward to your reports along the way.

I assume your waiting out the November 1 restriction. If so I highly recommend you backtrack a few to Onacock when this weather pattern breaks (it'll be 70-75 soon...), it's a great destination that we cant wait to get back to.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SOLARE
T-37 #442
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-16-2009
October Moon B43

MJBrown is on a distinguished road
We were down on Friday but attended the Beneteau Owners event at the Marriott. We headed back down on Monday to help break down the Beneteau setup and move boats out and back north to the dealer. They certainly have it down to a science with plenty of hands available to help get you out of tight quarters. The two day ride back north was interesting as well. Day 1 saw us on one tack all the way to the C&D. Winds below 10kts dropping to 2-3 outside of Still Pond. Got to the northside mouth of the Sassafras and WNW winds cranked to 20kts with a peak gust at 32.5! Awesome sailing conditions. We were sailing a B46 and ran high 8s to mid 9kts SOG with a brief touch at 10 all the way to the mouth of the canal. Day 2 was all motoring up the Delaware River, bucking the tide, in 50 degree weather and single digit winds on the nose. Rather chilly in spite of full foul weather gear and numerous layers underneath it all. Still better than yesterday or today.
Mike
Old 10-17-2009

kb3pwc is on a distinguished road
It was a real treat to meet all on Friday.

Clayton and I really enjoyed the get together. The evening was perfect and the company was exceptional! Eryka and Dan, we wish you wonderful sailing. But I must say, it is when things are not going as expected that your memories will be sharpest. And don't forget to keep your eyes peeled for those green flares. A green flash is another story and I wish you many of those.

The only other person who told me they had seen a green flare was an ocean tug captain who had seen one while going around the Cape when the space shuttle was preparing to launch. Wouldn't that be an amazing sight from the deck of your boat?

The Nor'easter(s) going up the coast must be making sailing the last few days pretty chilly and wet. I have just returned from Chicago and it was as cold and raining just as hard when I flew into Baltimore. Where did Fall go? We will be thinking about that dreaded winter boat prep soon.

Will there be a plan for a winter get together to share our boating void around February? Maybe we can get Eryka and Dan on the radio or telephone to share in the fun and share their adventures?

with best regards,

Leslie and Clayton
SV "Tango", CR34
Kent Island, MD
Old 11-07-2009
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
T37Solare - thanx for the thought; it was on our list to explore when we come back in the spring - now southbound we're hurrying one step ahead of Old Man Winter and it feels more like a delivery than a cruise.

Leslie & Clayton - If you guys plan a winter gathering (sounds like fun!) we'll be there in spirit - I'll try to refrain from posting a gloating photo of us in swimsuits under the palm trees and the sparkling blue Caribbean in the background while you guys are shoveling snow ...
Old 11-07-2009

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Nice to hear from you Eryka, sounds like the trip is going well...Fairwinds
Old 11-07-2009
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef View Post
Nice to hear from you Eryka, sounds like the trip is going well...Fairwinds
Thanx!! Opportunities to web surf long enough to post here - heck, opportunities to stay in one place long enough to surf - have been rare. We only counted 6 days since we started where we went to sleep at the same location where we woke up, until now (Charleston, SC). I'm being better at keeping the blog in my signature updated, and my FaceBook page (PM me if you're on FB too). We've had a squeal in our steering system for the last 100 miles or so, only on hand steering, fine with autopilot, and only when underway, so try diagnosing that at the dock! Anyway, we think we isolated it this afternoon, tomorrow we depart and head further south so we'll see if its fixed. Thinking of you guys!
Old 11-07-2009

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Great to hear from you eryka! Sounds like you are having fun, off to read the blog ...

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-08-2009

kb3pwc is on a distinguished road
Love the Blog, Eryka.

]We have been enjoying reading about Eryka and Dan's adventures. Sounds like they are making good time and are having a terrific time meeting fellow sailors, getting to personally scope out the experiences heading south we hear about. I am so jealous....

This week end was a beauty so folks who still have their boats available for use sure must have been out for a sail. I am working on a project here in PA so we were not able to go out. Soon winterization will happen for us too.

If you were out sailing, share your day with the rest of us who missed these lovely days... it was a nice change from the rain that we did not enjoy last weekend in Queenstown. Could not see the full moon, it was wet, it was cold, did I say it was wet(?) and we did not have any trick or treaters come over by dinghy.

sad to see winter coming...

Leslie

sv "Tango"
Kent Narrows, MD
[/SIZE]