SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Chesapeake Bay (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/)
-   -   SailNet gathering, Friday night of Annapolis Boat Show (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/58090-sailnet-gathering-friday-night-annapolis-boat-show.html)

eryka 09-16-2009 03:27 PM

SailNet gathering, Friday night of Annapolis Boat Show

Hey all, assume we want to do it again this year? Friday evening after the show closes at 7 PM, how about a get-together at Port Annapolis Marina. BYOB, and we'll chip in for pizza? The Wet Dog cafe, where we met last year, has been remodeled, there's even lights outside now!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Cruisingdad 09-16-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eryka (Post 523279)
Hey all, assume we want to do it again this year? Friday evening after the show closes at 7 PM, how about a get-together at Port Annapolis Marina. BYOB, and we'll chip in for pizza? The Wet Dog cafe, where we met last year, has been remodeled, there's even lights outside now!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

I wish I could be there to meet you, but I am stuck in Texas (for right now).

Hey, aren't you supposed to be chasing the ranbow of distant shores? Wasn't it 9/9/09?? How come you aren't typing this from Bermuda or the Bahamas? Let me guess, you realized you have to save up for a bigger grill?

- Brian

Cruisingdad 09-16-2009 03:33 PM

By the way, Sailnet members, anyone that can spare a moment to meet Eryka would enjoy the meeting. SHe is a super member here.

Brian

eryka 09-16-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruisingdad (Post 523282)
I wish I could be there to meet you, but I am stuck in Texas (for right now).

Hey, aren't you supposed to be chasing the ranbow of distant shores? Wasn't it 9/9/09?? How come you aren't typing this from Bermuda or the Bahamas? Let me guess, you realized you have to save up for a bigger grill?

- Brian

Hi Brian, um, it's still hurricane season so I'm typing from the Chesapeake. But yes, I am now in the interesting position of being paid to NOT go to work. Retirement is nice! I had a teleconference on 9/8/09 that ended at about 3:30, at 4:00 we untied the dock lines!!! We're spending this month exploring the Chesapeake. We're traveling down the ICW in company with another boat our size who've done the trip before, leaving right after the boat show.

eryka 09-16-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruisingdad (Post 523285)
By the way, Sailnet members, anyone that can spare a moment to meet Eryka would enjoy the meeting. SHe is a super member here.

Brian

Wow, I didn't even have to pay him to say that! :o

chef2sail 09-16-2009 04:47 PM

Having met Eryka and Dan last year at our Sailnet meeting I can second what CD said and say she is great in person also..**:**)

bloodhunter 09-18-2009 06:32 AM

Planning to be at the boat show Friday and hope to meet up with other sailnetters. (Hope its a little less wet than last time we met up). Are we gonna meet at Port Annapolis marina at 1900 or thereabouts. Or is it somewhere else

MtnMike 09-18-2009 09:04 AM

Off to the Boat Show

Count us in for the Fri. meet up. We'll be at the show shopping for a major refit of our soon to be new, to us, boat. Might even be able to catch up with Eryka, in the Bahamas, this winter.
Thanks Eryka for putting this together again this year, we had a great time last year meeting everyone. Even in the dark.

eryka 09-21-2009 07:52 PM

Bloodhunter, yes, check post #1, Port Annapolis Friday night. Mtn Mike, we're sooo excited to hear your story, Colorado mountains to tropical islands. Hey, Chef, will you be there as well?

MMR 09-23-2009 10:53 AM

We'll be there...:D

We'll drag Sailingdog with us...he'll be in town, crashing at our place.