SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Snow!

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Garffin 
#1 ·
There's simply no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow ...

Snow started in the afternoon and there is already a lot of snow out there!

#2 ·
I see they're predicting a record-breaking 20-22 inches in Annapolis. We're even feeling the edge of that low here in the northwest Bahamas with gusts to 35 (but it's warmer than the Chesapeake!)

Wishing you all a white Xmas!

#6 ·
WanderingStar, I realize I won't get any sympathy, nor dare I ask for any. Its just an indication of the scale of this storm that edges reach clear down here. Its also pretty amusing to see the locals in their sweatshirts, muttering because it'll go down into the 60s tonight. Well, it is WINTER, after all!

#9 ·
24 inches here in Parkville and counting. Made a big pot of Texas Chili and just finished shoveling (yuk),

Eryka, Have you run into our friends the Davis's on Morning Wind- 35 Island Packet. They are somehwere in the Bahamas right now?

Dave

#16 ·
Garffin, that is about what I did yesterday, stuck my nose outside and found that there was too much snow to go anywhere, so I went back inside. Today I stuck my nose outside and found that there was too much snow to go anywhere, so I went back inside. I think tomorrow I will stick my nose outside and see if there is too much snow to go anywhere ... meanwhile these quilts are very warm and so is the food. :D

#20 ·
Thanx for the good wishes, folks. Hope you all stay warm and that this is the worst you see forthe rest of the winter. Hope to see you next summer on the Bay!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.