Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2010

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Yea, anyone go, just kinds lost interest in going so we stayed home and enjoyed the nice weather on Saturday, we should have gone for a sail but decided on a nice hike along the Billy Goat Trail/C&O

1982 Tartan 37 CB - Hull #358

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2010

jswalls110 is on a distinguished road
It was about 1/2 the size of last years, filled with power boats and 2 island packets. 1 concession booth that I saw with a huge line. All in all better then nothing, but not by much.

Jeff
s/v BLT to go
1969 Westerly Nomad
Old 01-27-2010

EastportRyan is on a distinguished road
not worth the time

I made it on Saturday morning and spent a few hours, wondering through the various motor boats, frustration growing each time a tripped over the stroller of someone only there to watch the chicken wing eating contest. As far as venders, I found few boating suppliers and far more marinas, insurance co., and maintenance services, oh and if you need guards for your rain gutters have I got a contact for you, not that it does me much good living aboard. Overall it was a waste of time, especially considering how great the weather was... I should have just stayed home and gone sailing.
Old 02-03-2010

sealover is on a distinguished road
I went for the first time. Long lines to board the two sailboats. (and there were only two, not counting a Walker Bay dinghy and some sort of sailboard)

Nice club display of old wooden runabouts out front. I bought my ticket online. It was a couple bucks cheaper and came with a year's subscription to my choice of 3 magazines. (I picked Cruising World) If I chose not to get the magazine I could get my $7 back by mailing in the email confirmation marked "REFUND" I requested the magazine, father in law asked for a refund. It hasn't been 4-6 weeks so I can't say if it'll work or not.

I was smitten with the smaller of the two Ranger Tugs at the show. Looked like year-round boating/fishing fun to me. And I could hang some retreads over the side and pick up extra cash shoving barges around.

Everything else looked pretty much the same. Who would buy a brand new runabout when a 2 year old one is half the price? and a 10 year old one is $1900. Thinking of getting one "just because" -- something to take out on windless days or fish and crab off of.

S/V Waitara
Venture 21
PA Freshwater / Chesapeake

Last edited by sealover; 02-03-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.