SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Towing Services on the Upper Chesapeake

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dvuyxx 
#1 ·
Does anyone have an opinion or experiences with different towing services in the upper Chesapeake (Baltimore-Annapolis)? SeaTow or BoatUS. Seems like they are similarly priced? Any feedback on the responsiveness, reliability, or customer service is welcome. -David

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have never had to use them, but the Annapolis Sea Tow franchise is run by a very knowledgable an dhard working guy. He has done many favors for my marina as well as one of the local charter companies. He has two boats on Back Creek and one somewhere on the Eastern Shore. Both companies seem to do about the same amount of towing and people I have spoken with speak well of both. Since I know and like the Sea Tow owner I would say go with him. As I said before I have not heard anything bad about either company in the area.

#3 ·
Read the service offerings from both. It seems to me that SeaTow offers more for the money now than TowboatUS. For example TowboatUS usually has a 25 mile service area so if you are away from home when you break down you'll pay out of area charges. SeaTow will get you home no matter where you are.

Unfortunately, since the odds favor having a problem close to home we're usually better off going with the tow service that is close to your home port.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.