Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2010
Aeolus II

mccary is on a distinguished road
The 19th is a major work project for me, so that leaves me out too. June is a hard month to find spare time in with Wedding Anniversary on the 13th and work on the 19th. Lets have a look at September...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 03-14-2010

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Joe,

Sorry you cant make it on June 19. I would have liked to have met you. No date which was picked would have been good for everyone. Thats why I suggest someone else also plan a meeting to be held in September/ October also.

We still have a good number who are rallying at MYC on June 19th and we will lift our glasses for our comrades who cannot make it there at that time.

Jeff H....we will do a special shot in honor of your getting married. Hope she like to sail as much as you.

The pavilion is reserved. There will be enough open slips for anyone wishing to have one, anchorage space is plenty and close. As we get closer to the date we will try and organize loosely a plan for the food like we did last time ( it was quite abundant last time). The main emphasis is good times and meeting those who are members here and putting faces to the names. And of course a few "sailing stories". Last time we had a "guest ballad singer" among us.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 03-14-2010 at 03:02 AM.
Old 03-14-2010

Bermudahigh is on a distinguished road
We'll be there

Good job!
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Sailnet Chesapeake Rendezvous?-img_0237.jpg  
Old 03-14-2010

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Joe,
You really going to bring that beautiful boat here? We will have to share some South Jersey/ Ocean City stories. I want to hear about your recent charter on the 55ft cat.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 03-14-2010

Looking forward

to meeting, sharing stories.
If we cant get you back to OC, then we'll drop in for a visit.

re the 55 cat, we were his guests. He had an Atlantic 42 before this.
Great boat, great stories. While anchored in Anegada, Richard Branson pulls up and anchors 2 boats away in his 30+ meter Neckar Belle. We chatted w/him while he was kite surfing. Took this shot while we were leaving town.

Be glad to contribute time, skills, $, whatever, for this event.
Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Sailnet Chesapeake Rendezvous?-p1012.jpg  
Old 04-05-2010

ekenna is on a distinguished road
maybe

June 19th might work for us. My daughter is graduating on 6/14 so we were looking to have her party on 6/12th and her college orientation os on 6/17. Your club is a 2 day trip for us. We anchored there overnight last summer. IK was hoping to start a 2 week trip that weekend so maybe I can arrange an extra day.
Old 04-06-2010

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Its looking like its going to be a great turn out, looking forward to meeting everyone. Sorry you'll miss it Joe, would have been great to finally meet you. As for JeffH...well a huge Congrats, if you have to miss the redevouz...getting married is a good reason I suppose

Sapper, where are the?

1982 Tartan 37 CB - Hull #358

Old 04-10-2010
Walter

walterzoy is on a distinguished road
Maryland Yacht Club's cove? Great Idea!

Dave - your club is one of the best yacht clubs on the bay. We like to anchor just in front of the club's docks. Very protected from the winds that always seem to blow down the Patapsco River.

Walter "Parrot Bay" Catalina 30 Shoal draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Great Idea....we need something to plan to take our fixation with the snow off of our minds.

We hosted the 2008 Rondevous here in Rock Creek at our club/ marina and of course would be willing to do that again. We have a great cove to anchor in...slips for those who would want one. Best of all we have a large covered land pavillion with 20 picnic tavles and barb b q pits to rill in and hang out and socialize in.

If you want to try somehwere else that is fine and we are in also. Lanford Bay on the Chester comes to mind, Whitehall Bay above Annapolis, Aberdeen Creek on the South River, Broad Creek on the Magothy, and anywhere on the West River. These are all locations where anyone who is northern or central Chesapeake could make on A Saturday night. Can we look at mid June. Lets start planning.

Dave
Old 05-07-2010
Chesapeake Sailor

GeorgeDog is on a distinguished road
I regret having to change my response to "not attending" the SailNet rendezvous. However I have the best of reasons in that we have a new boat. She is in New England so we will be cruising there (over June 19) before bringing her home to Baltimore. Have a great time and I'm hoping that the previously discussed late-season rendezvous becomes a reality.
Old 05-07-2010

good job!

pics, we need pics! looks like i may have an open slip if you're cruisin by and need a break. congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeDog View Post
I regret having to change my response to "not attending" the SailNet rendezvous. However I have the best of reasons in that we have a new boat. She is in New England so we will be cruising there (over June 19) before bringing her home to Baltimore. Have a great time and I'm hoping that the previously discussed late-season rendezvous becomes a reality.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.