Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2010

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eryka View Post
Either location works for us, though I've got a slight preference for donating the $175 to cancer research than paying for a pavilion if Dave's yacht club offer is available - just my thought.
Eryka,

When I first mentioned the Wye Island Pavilion, I wasn't aware of the user fee. I do tend to agree with you about that. We'd need a fairly good-sized, committed group to spread the fee. A free/minimal $ space doesn't have that constraint.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 02-22-2010
Banned

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
John, Erika. I also got Sail With Courtney wrist bands coming. Like the Livestrong wrist bands. We could get some wrist bands to your participants. They could sell them for $2 apiece. Out of the sale price, one dollar goes to Sail with Courtney Cancer research and the other dollar stays with you to pay for your Pavilion or other expenses. What do you think?
Old 02-22-2010

4arch is on a distinguished road
I'd be in for the raft-up and any weekend in June would work for me except for the 26th.
Old 02-22-2010
Not just a member

motovationcycles is on a distinguished road
Solomons

I vote for Solomons, more specifically up the Patuxent on Mill Creek, Lots of room to raft up and pretty secluded.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dan
"Wind Wing"
Piewiet 850 / Dutch Flyer 28
Solomons, MD
Chesapeake Bay

"For the truth is that I already know as much about my fate as I need to know. The day will come when I will die. So the only matter of consequence before me is what I do with my allotted time. I can remain on shore, paralyzed with fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar with the breeze."

Richard Bode
-- from First You Have to Row a Little Boat
Old 02-24-2010
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd
If the Rhode/West River area is selected, there are several boat ramps available in a small area for the person who asked.

Holiday Hills Marina boat ramp
Carr's Wharf boat ramp
Casa Rio Marina boat ramp

Plus, I may be able to offer my beach club's boat ramp in Whitemarsh Creek, depending on the size & number of boats. I doubt they'd be happy with me if we launched a fleet, but helping one or two people splash their trailer sail'ers would probably be ok, especially if you park your truck and trailer back at my house, about 30 seconds away.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Old 02-28-2010
Aeolus II

mccary is on a distinguished road
Rhode River does have a couple ramps near by. Casio Rio have a first rate ramp and then there is Carrs Wharf (dirt Ramp I think but real close to the Rhode River Islands) and Holiday Hill Marina has a good ramp too.

Rhode River has everything except a pavilion. The small beach on Flat Island is there but small and only accessible by dingy. High Island is now awash and nearly gone, more of an obstruction than an island. Also, Rhode River has no other facilities on land, no close by watering holes, etc.
Old 02-28-2010

sealover is on a distinguished road
Bubblehead, Thanks! Beach club ramp sounds nice. My boat is 17 feet so two or three guys could probably just toss it into the water if the ramp was blocked. I pull it with either a Sonoma or an old Mercedes so no one-ton crew cab dually hogging all the parking.

S/V Waitara
Venture 21
PA Freshwater / Chesapeake
Old 02-28-2010
Aeolus II

mccary is on a distinguished road
Another possibility in the Rhode River/West River area

Another possibility in the Rhode River/West River area is the West River Anchorage in Galesville. There is still no pavilion, but there is a public dock and parking area. There MUST be a boat ramp in the area and there is 3 watering holes there. Lots of room to anchor and there is a speed limit (6kts) so no waterskiing or fast boats (there is the rogue pwc).

Last edited by mccary; 02-28-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-28-2010

lapworth is on a distinguished road
Sealover, if two guys can just toss your boat in then there is a county park ramp across from high Is ( free ) or Holiday marina is only $5.00. Still sounds like Bubble has the best deal for you.
Old 02-28-2010
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd
Well......our beach club has a small pavilion in Ponder Cove (Whitemarsh Creek). I'm new in the neighborhood and I don't know what I need to do to reserve it.

Ponder Cove where Holiday Hill Marina is at is kind of small and rafting up a bunch of 40' ers might be difficult. Then again, all you guys with big boats probably have powered dinghies that could reach Ponder Cove in about 5 minutes from your anchorage.

How many people do you think will attend this thing? I don't think our pavilion will cost anything.

I can post pictures of the area if there is enough interest. Let me know.
1973 Pearson 30 #255

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.