Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2010

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
This weekend May 15/16

Forecast looks good as opposed to last with the 40 knot winds where we eeled in our slip. We are headed over to Haven Harbor Marina in Rock Hall where we are leaving Haleakula for a week to have small engine overhaul done, new Harken Furler installed ( the ADMIRAL and captain will be happy for this), new mascerator pump, and the radar pole instaled.

We are looking for parners or the name of a good restaurant to eat over in Rock Hall (seafood).

Sunday we are doing something my friends dont understand why I like it, we are going to the NASCAR Sprint race in Dover. My wifes first time going to a track. Me, I have been to 10 of them, including the Geat America Race 8 times. Nothing like a little rubber in your hair and a little sound deafness on Monday Am.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-17-2010
Chesapeake Sailor

wwilson is on a distinguished road
Chef,

Too late on my post - but The Waterman's is a favorite of ours... pretty well known though, so you've probably been there.

Sounds like many boat bucks will be left behind in Rock Hall.
Old 05-17-2010

Wayne,

We wound up going to Watermans. Food was pretty good. Waitress reminded me of Flo from Mels Diner. All in all good basic place with good crabs. Outside bar with music and a great sunset view.

Ran into sck5 (Steve) at the end of the dock at Haven Harbor and we had a quick chat. Seems like a nice guy.

Boat is still over at Haven Harbor getting its "treatment"

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 05-17-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-17-2010
AEOLUS II

WouldaShoulda is on a distinguished road
05/16 was a great sail until the wind died at 4pm!!

When is Thomas Point Light going to get fixed??

(No wind reports)
Old 05-17-2010

ekenna is on a distinguished road
Saturday 5/15 was a good day for us My wife and I took my 84 yr old father for a sail. Only problem was getting him on and off the boat as we are on a mooring ball. Up here are the far norther end it was not blowing quite as hard.
Old 05-17-2010

We had one of the fastest sails over to Rock Hall ever on saturday. When we turned to go north at the "notorious missing" green can at the end of the Rock Creek sand bar, the wind was 22 steady gusting to 30. Made for a wet 3 mile trek upwind to enter the Creek.

Sunday my wife and I went to Dover to see the NASCAR Sprint race. Today my hearing is like I sat in the front row of a Jethro Tull concert.

Dave

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

Old 05-17-2010

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
We had one of the fastest sails over to Rock Hall ever on saturday. When we turned to go north at the "notorious missing" green can at the end of the Rock Creek sand bar, the wind was 22 steady gusting to 30. Made for a wet 3 mile trek upwind to enter the Creek.

Sunday my wife and I went to Dover to see the NASCAR Sprint race. Today my hearing is like I sat in the front row of a Jethro Tull concert.

Dave

Dave
I got hooked on Nascar at Dover. A former employer did a lot of business with MBNA and the VP of Finance at my company called me one day to offer me tickets to attend with VIP parking and seating in the MBNA box. It was awesome! You could see the entire track, there was a free bar 30' to my left, a huge seafood buffet right behind me and the bathrooms were steps away. You can't buy that kind of ticket. Afterwards, when I stopped by to thank the VP, he told me I wasn't the first person he offered the tickets to, I was just the first person that was redneck enough to want to go. Showed me where I stood on the totem pole. I told him I knew I'm a redneck, but I came by it honestly.

We got Palmetto Moon out for the first time this weekend also. Getting out of the slip was an adventure since the prop was pretty fouled, but after a quick haul and wash we were ready for a shake down. We made so many changes over the winter its essentially a new boat to us. We have a new Profurl furler, new Mack Pack lazy jack/sailbag, new bimini, 4 new 6v GC batteries, and I interfaced an old aviation GPS I had to provided NEMA position to the DSC radio. Every thing worked fine, but it'll take a while to fine tune and get used to everything.

We're watching the weather closely and unless the forecast deteriorates, my wife and I will move the boat north starting Friday. I have to travel part of this week, so we'll pre-postion a car at HHS and have my friend drive us down to Deltaville in my truck then take it back to his house. We plan to get in 1/2 day Friday, Solomons on Saturday and to our new slip at HHS on Sunday if everything works.
Old 05-17-2010

GenesisCaptain is on a distinguished road
Had a wonderful sail Sunday on Exodus, rafted up with Jeff and Aletha Clark who are the new owners of our C22, Genesis. Winds 5-10, a gentle day, just what the doctor ordered. Hit the work week refreshed and energized!! Amazing what a day of sailing and good beer can do for the soul!!
Old 06-01-2010
AEOLUS II

WouldaShoulda is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldaShoulda View Post
05/16 was a great sail until the wind died at 4pm!!

When is Thomas Point Light going to get fixed??

(No wind reports)
05/30 Wind died at 2:30pm and the lighthouse ain't fixed yet!!