Dodger? - SailNet Community
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-17-2010 Thread Starter

Can anyone suggest a good place to get a new dodger made in the Baltimore/Annapolis area? We have a 38' Morgan.

Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 Old 05-17-2010
I believe my old canvas was made by Christopher Ford Yacht Canvas in Annapolis. The previous owner of my vessel used them again on his new vessel, I've seen the work and it's also well done.

I'm in the NY area now and use someone closer to home.

Sabre 34
Morgan, NJ
post #3 of 5 Old 05-28-2010
My neighbor recommended Marty's Bag Works to me for new cushions. Marty's Bag Works - Home I've not bought anything there, but went in to have a look around adn they were 1) super nice and 2) very professional. Beautiful work!
post #4 of 5 Old 05-28-2010
You will probably get several responses, but you may want to checkout Shoreline in Pasadena at Mountain Road and Catherine just off Rt 100.

I've had them do some work for us and I have been pleased but have not had a dodger built by them.

Are you desiring a top quality one or something a little more reasonable, answering that may help with a recommendation, I would say Shoreline is somewhere in the middle.

S/V Windgeist
1982 Tartan 37C

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-31-2010
Thumbs up We have used and were very pleased with.....

You can get a quote from Vickie Babylon. She does very good work. She can do the frame and the canvas work. She has a wonderful eye as far as making a dodger that works for you and is pleasing to the proportions of your vessel. I thought her prices were very fair. Canvas by Victoria at

She is near the Rock Hall/Worton area. Good luck.

s/v Tango
Oxford, MD

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.