SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Chesapeake Bay (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/)
-   -   Sail With Courtney - Chesapeake - Aug 27-29 (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/66985-sail-courtney-chesapeake-aug-27-29-a.html)

eryka 08-03-2010 08:06 AM

Sail With Courtney - Chesapeake - Aug 27-29

Time to start planning/thinking about this raftup! Who's in? Suggestion for a central location? Since our last gathering was nearer Baltimore, I'm wondering if we should try for south of the bridge this time. I'll throw out 2 possible suggestions - maybe Whitehall Bay or Mill Creek near Cantlers or farther south near Galesville - both of these are accessible by car as well.

Jeff_H 08-03-2010 08:21 AM

I would probably vote for Galesville, since Mill Creek near Cantlers is where we and Synergy live, and what I see when I look out the windows of my home.

Jeff

sailordave 08-03-2010 08:57 AM

SHOOT, I didn't know you were on Mill Creek. I used to sail out of there and just last Thur was sailing up there w/ a friend on a J/80... Went to Cantler's for lunch and back to Back Creek. Yes, we got caught out in that stuff that blew through in the afternoon.:eek:
Where are you in relation to Cantlers?

BTW, the boat just south of Cantlers, SILKIE is gorgeous, and yes I know you probably don't like it!;)

eryka 08-03-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_H (Post 628076)
I would probably vote for Galesville, since Mill Creek near Cantlers is where we and Synergy live, and what I see when I look out the windows of my home.

Jeff

Valid point! I'd originally proposed Mill Creek to be a central location, but MMR pointed out that we could have 2 raftups, one north of the bridge and one south so more folks could participate. The primary point, after all, is to get lots of Courtney flags out on the Bay.

We'd love to see you and Barbara - seems we participate in alternate raftups but have never been at one together!

T37SOLARE 08-03-2010 06:41 PM

I'd say either location is good for us, but seeing how my schedule is in flux at the moment I'm not 100% that I'm going to be able to make it...

eryka 08-27-2010 07:37 AM

Well, I think we're going to brave the predicted 5-kt winds and 6-inch waves to head down to Galesville with our Courtney flag flying. If anyone's in the area and wants to raft up, hail us on VHF (s/v Cinderella) or PM me for a cellphone number. I think MMR is also setting up a Courtney raftup north of the Bay Bridge.

Jeff_H 08-27-2010 08:28 AM

I will try to catch up with you at Galesville. Please see my PM. I look forward to seeing whomever shows.

Jeff

dacap06 08-27-2010 10:32 AM

I'll see you all at Galesville, probably early Saturday afternoon. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in person!

Tom

eryka 08-27-2010 12:27 PM

We're going to try to leave later this afternoon or very early tomorrow. Since it is likely we'll get a hook down first, you are welcome to tie onto us - 45 lb Rocna with all-chain rode ought to be okay in these mild conditions. I'll post a lat-long once we're set.

eryka 08-27-2010 05:41 PM

We're at 38 degrees 50.397 N and 076 degrees 32.240 W. Go past red "6", and past Pirates Cove; we're just southeast of the mooring field with 60 ft of chain in 9.5 ft of water. We'll leave the VHF on 16 and hope to see you tomorrow. Tonight, we'll raise a glass to Courtney and too many others we know who are fighting or have fought cancer.