Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2010
Aeolus II

mccary is on a distinguished road
The PHOTOS are up...

The pictures just finished uploading ... (12:40am Monday). The website is on my business site, 2010 SailNet Chesapeake Bay Photo Op Enjoy and email me the files numbers you want sent to you (you click on the thumbnails to see a larger image & numbers).

It was a fun day, we started at just a bit past 9:30 and were finished before 11. I want to thank my 3 helpers, my brother Mike and Don Wagner of Der Baron (West River sailer/racer) and to Jamison Hurst from Allentown PA (riding on Auspicious). Also a special thanks to Eryka for the wonderful dinner Saturday night and the T37Chef for the gourmet lunch he had sent to us today (the pictures would have been posted earlier, but we had to chow down for a lengthy time).

It rained, not too hard, the entire time but it finally started to clear after we finished. We should make this an annual affair. But with our luck for weather maybe we should reconsider... I have a busy work week this week, so let me know the file numbers and I will send them out as soon as possible...

Boat show, sure I am planning on going on Friday.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mccary; 09-27-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 09-27-2010
Aeolus II

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeDog View Post
Thanks to everyone who played a part in making this happen but especially to Joe and crew for braving the bridge. Did you every get your lunch? Chris
OH YES, we Lunch, thanks to Shawn we had everything except a bottle of champagne. Our lunch was delivered by a nice young student who looked at us like we were nuts (gee I wonder why she might have thought that). Many thanks Shawn.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-27-2010

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Absolutely amazing

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 09-27-2010
Chesapeake Sailor

GeorgeDog is on a distinguished road
Wow!

1968 Hinckley Pilot 35, Audra.
(c) Joe McCary.
Old 09-27-2010
Aeolus II

Yes, is was "absolutely amazing" that we, all 3 of us, stayed on the bridge in the rain and "wow," I can just think the images would have been SO much better if we had been fortunate to have , NO RAIN and WIND.
Old 09-27-2010
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
Wow. Just ... wow.
Old 09-27-2010

kb3pwc is on a distinguished road
The Photo-Team is AMAZING!!

Joe (you will always be "Photo Joe" to me and I say that with great respect) your pictures are amazing. How you made our boat look like she was sailing when she was drifting is a work of art! We also enjoyed seeing all the folks in their cockpits, Chris's family, Jaye and Dan, the crews all in their element out for a sail. You did a spectacular job. All the pictures were a treat to view.

Since I am on a tentative connection here in Oxford, I will send you our numbers after I get to my hotel later tonight. You can bet it will include the three camera team members off the bridge.

This was a terrific time. It was so nice to get to meet folks in person. We had some stellar sails on Friday and after we left the photo op on Sunday. Yesterday we made it back to Oxford in 6 hours. If we had known how fast we would fly, we would have stuck around a bit longer. The only problem was the water was being blown out of the bay. Water was very skinny when we traveled Knapps Narrows but we were able to feel (sometimes the bottom) our way along. As we enjoyed our down wind sail, we thought about those of you heading North. Hope it was not too wet for you all.

Kudos to the planning committee for this event. Joe, I think you could hold an event like this on a set schedule but sell those pictures. Clayton sez, "wow, look, you can see the hair on my legs in these pictures!"

Warm regards to all.

crew of Tango
Clayton and Leslie
Old 09-27-2010

Loos1 is on a distinguished road
SUPER job Joe. These are terrific.
Old 09-27-2010

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Holy Double WOW!!!

Double WOW Joe!!!

Next time I'm sending caviar & champagne

1982 Tartan 37 CB - Hull #358

Old 09-27-2010
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef View Post
Double WOW Joe!!!

Next time I'm sending caviar & champagne
Hey, we'll kick in on that but no champagne till *after* the photos are done - it wouldn't do to have one of those large expensive cameras dropped from the bridge in a moment of alcoholic excess ...

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.