Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2010
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
"The hardest artistic thing to do is transfer your passion through your work and to get others to feel it."

Nicely stated, chef!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2010

Annapolisboater is on a distinguished road
I am a good photog...whitehouse 4 24 years..clik!
Old 09-28-2010
Aeolus II

mccary is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Donna and I were looking at the pictures again. We are still awestruck by the work you did Joe. All the boats looked really good. and from angles you would never ever get..
We all participate in these forums with our virtual friends and then someone comes along and suggests we have a get together. It is hard to know how to contribute to the group in some way. When Wayne suggested this project and was going to have his son shoot from the bridge I thought that since I am a photographer it might work out better if I stepped in and did the photography I could give something of meaning back to my virtual friends. Then Eryka wanted us all to meet for dinner (such a natural idea) and those virtual friends became real faces and voices and they even had families. This was a wonderful community experience, if standing out on a bridge in a light rain was the price of admission, it was a cheap ticket and well worth that small price. My equipment sits most of the time in its case and doesn't often get the chance to mix with my friends and sailing (I carry a point & shoot on the boat most times, not my work cameras) so this was an easy project for me. Now I only wish there had been decent weather and WIND.

My favorite images from the day were the boats sailing past the Naval Academy, not so much a boat portrait but more of gentle pleasure of sailing.

If anyone has any problem getting prints made because of the copyright, please let me know and I will send a letter that should get you past any problem. And if you need/want prints let me know I can handle that too (for a fee).

Maybe we should do this again next year? Wayne, want to start organizing? Maybe if we can get a few more boats we could get a calendar made? Who wants to be Miss April (one of my favorite sailing months, not from the sailing but from the fact that winter is over).

If you haven't requested any images yet, let me know. And also remember the images I sent remain on-line (the yousendit images) for just 2 weeks (the web-page of images will be there for a while at least). You can forward the link to friends and family if you want, you get 500 downloads per link.

Joe
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-28-2010
Chesapeake Sailor

GeorgeDog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccary View Post
Maybe we should do this again next year?
Count Audra in

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1968 Hinckley Pilot 35, Audra.
(c) Joe McCary.
Old 09-28-2010
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
I remain very grateful to Wayne, Joe, and Jaye for all the planning, organizing, and execution. It was indeed a great event.

We did find that the wind on the river was much lighter than out on the Bay. Perhaps we can do this again next year, but out on the Bay with photo boats? I've already started talking to some motorboating friends of mine that might be willing to act as camera platforms. Just a thought.

The pictures with the Academy in the background were great. It would be fun to have photos with the Bay Bridge or Thomas Point Light in the background.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

Old 09-28-2010
Banned

Count Cinderella in as well. We'd be willing to be an anchored camera platform for a Bay Bridge or Thomas Point Light shoot, since we already have some great on-water shots of our boat.
Old 09-28-2010

cmendoza is on a distinguished road
Great photo's Joe!

Since it took me a while to find the link in the thread... here it is again:
2010 SailNet Chesapeake Bay Photo Op

Great seeing Auspicious flying her colors again Dave!

Wishing we were there,
Carlos & Maria
S/V Rocinante

...you may not be able to control the wind,
but you can adjust your sails..._/)
Old 09-28-2010
Banned

The funniest thing about putting faces to (screen) names. We've been online for a while but in our little bubble, never knowing what a small world this SailNet community is: we were sitting in our cockpit in our slip, and DIRECTLY across the creek saw Auspicious' brilliant yellow spinnaker. Hello neighbor!
Old 09-28-2010

4arch is on a distinguished road
It's funny I was thinking yesterday going out to Thomas Point or the Bay Bridge could be an interesting way to change this up if it becomes an annual tradition. St. Michaels Harbor with the CBMM in the background and Baltimore Inner Harbor (perhaps near sunset) could be other quintessential Chesapeake settings for the future.
Old 09-28-2010
Somewhat Senior Member

mgmhead is on a distinguished road
Awesome photos. Sorry we missed this time and hope to bring Rhythm to the next shoot if there is one.
Catalina 387 #29
Rock Hall, MD