SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Chesapeake Bay (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/)
-   -   Annapolis Photo-Op Invitation (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/67066-annapolis-photo-op-invitation.html)

wwilson 08-05-2010 09:43 AM

Annapolis Photo-Op Invitation

I am going to post my son on the Academy Bridge (3859.59'N x 7629.21'W) over the Severn R. in Annapolis with a 12M-pix camera. The bridge is 75' at the center span. I have wanted some good pictures of the boat for years, up river with headsail - down river with spinnaker (or vice versa depending on wind).

But, it is no more difficult to take multiple boats than one - so if anyone else is interested let me know. Probably a Sunday, late morning is best allowing for Saturday to be in the neighborhood and Sunday afternoon to get home.

If I get no response after a few days - I'll press on, otherwise I am willing to pick a mutually agreeable date in Aug - Sep.

(and yeah its free, no I don't want your MasterCard number, and no I don't retain a lawyer so if you slam into the bridge pier... yours can not contact mine, and you can't get blood out of a turnip anyway.)

sailingdog 08-05-2010 09:49 AM

Will people be able to get the raw image files from you of their boats?

SVAuspicious 08-05-2010 10:30 AM

Wayne - I'm definitely interested. Do you have two good cameras? Some boat to boat shots might be nice also.

eryka 08-05-2010 11:52 AM

Great idea! We'd like to participate if we're in town. Any interest in rafting together the evening after to swap tall tales and digital images? We could try to snag a Navy mooring on Weems or Clement creek, just past the bridge.

T37Chef 08-05-2010 12:01 PM

Eryka...I like it! Wayne...We're in, sounds like a great idea, and I've actually never have sailed up the Severn past Annapolis? Weird uh

September gets my vote

GeorgeDog 08-05-2010 12:03 PM

Great idea! I've thought of doing something like this but didn't know of any suitable bridges. I have a high quality Nikon D300 to add to the camera pool. We'll be traveling most of August so September would get my vote.

Rafting with eryka also gets two thumbs up.

-Chris

Jeff_H 08-05-2010 12:27 PM

That is so cool!!!!!!!!!! If its a date when I can possibly make it, please count me in.

Jeff

chef2sail 08-05-2010 12:29 PM

We are in. (Currently sailing down the Jersey coast headed for Barnegat Inlet)
Dave

eryka 08-05-2010 04:24 PM

Any logic in making this the weekend of Aug 27-29 and linking it with Sail With Courtney for our area? (of course all is weather-dependent)

mccary 08-05-2010 08:38 PM

The weather and skies are usually better in September than in August. I would suggest August. This sounds like a winner of an idea... depending on camera gear I might be able to assist (I am a working photographer).