Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2010

kb3pwc is on a distinguished road
Question What Day will you be going to the Annapolis Sailboat Show?

I am wondering when you will plan to attend the Sail Boat Show? Maybe you are planning to addend the Power Boat Show as well?

Are you going by boat or by car? What are your goals for the show?

Hope to see many of you there.

Leslie

sv "Tango", CR 34
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-04-2010
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
We are the ordinary folks, so we will visit on Sat, by car of course. This year will be a treat because my daughter and son will come home just for joining me to the show. We are going boat shopping

No power boat for me, but I don't hate those who own power boat

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 10-04-2010
Aeolus II

mccary is on a distinguished road
Leslie, I will be there on Friday and yes attending by car. Sorry, just the SAIL show, don't have the patience for the powerboat show...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-05-2010

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Sunday or Monday for me. Looking for a new Magma Grill, Maybe sails but I have pretty much zerod in on UK or Quantum. May look for a main sail track system also

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 10-05-2010

4arch is on a distinguished road
We'll go on Saturday. Looking for a full set of foulies for my wife and a new foulie jacket for myself. If we don't fine any deals we'll hold off until the presidents day sales.

Does anyone know if Williams and Heintz still does the trade-in program for their cruising guide chart books at the show?
Old 10-05-2010

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Sunday or Monday for me. Looking for a new Magma Grill, Maybe sails but I have pretty much zerod in on UK or Quantum. May look for a main sail track system also
You should check out the Dickenson Sea-B-Ques as well. I looked at them all a few years ago and found the best deal at the show was on the Sea-B-Que. I've been very happy with it.

The new Magma's (not the kettle's) also get good reviews so, I'd shop both and buy the best deal. I think you'll be happy with either, but you should at least check out the competition.

My wife and I will probably go up Saturday and maybe go back on Sunday but haven't firmed up plans yet. She's on travel this week and doesn't get back until Friday so if she's worn out we may wait and go Sunday.

What will I be looking for? We nothing really. We're pretty happy with the way the boat is set up, with the exception of some rigging issues I'll address over the off season, so we'll just walk around and see if we find anything we can't live without. At the very least, I'll have a few Painkillers to help face the season winding down.
Old 10-05-2010
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
Going on Friday, by dinghy. (Which may complicate our get together Friday night if we don't come back promptly when the show ends at 7 LOL)

We don't have much of a shopping list, a few practical odds and ends - some replacement LEDs and water filters, a bracket to support our handheld GPS chartplotter, a new Tilley hat for Dan to replace the one that blew away in the Bahamas last winter. We generally tour a few boats in our size range 32-35 feet shopping for cool ideas, but mostly we're very happy with the way our boat/gear is currently set up.
Old 10-05-2010

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Headed down Friday by car. I might go the Monday of the Powerboat show to see if I can pick up a few things "cheap", like and oven

Photo by Joe McCary
Old 10-05-2010
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef View Post
Headed down Friday by car. I might go the Monday of the Powerboat show to see if I can pick up a few things "cheap", like and oven
Chef, I don't think there is a Monday of the powerboat show, I think it ends Sunday. The best way we know to get deals is to go the first thing Friday morning and cut a deal to buy the floor model of something the exhibitor won't want to lug back (like a dinghy or an oven); tell him to stick a "sold" sign on it and you'll be back to pick it up the hour before the show closes on the last day. You show your receipt from the seller to the guard gates and tell them you're just there to pick up an item - yo udon't need a ticket for the last hour of the last day. Pick up your item and stay for teardown.
Old 10-05-2010
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifesailor View Post
You should check out the Dickenson Sea-B-Ques as well.
I have a large Sea-B-Que that is now nine years old. Very happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eryka View Post
... a new Tilley hat for Dan to replace the one that blew away in the Bahamas last winter.
Contact Tilley - they give nice discounts for lost hats.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.