Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Spending a nite in baltimore Inner Harbour

I had a great time to sail to Baltimore a few months with my daughter and secretary. This week I have decide to visit Inn Harbor and spend a nit there with my wife. At night, the city view from the water would be wonderful. We plan to leave Annapolis by 4 or 5 pm and head to Inner Harbor. Hopefully we can get there before the restaurants closed. Since we don't have a dingy, so we will just dock by the wall and stay for the nite.

Anyone know a good place within the walking and late hours? We can just lock her up and walk to the restaurant.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2010

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Sorry, I only know places to eat that are worthy of mention in B'more are in Fells Point. There are a few places to eat close to the inner harbor but not any place I know of that I'd consider special unless you want a burger (there's a 5 Guy's).

One Eyed Mikes and Bertha's get good marks if you want to get a slip at one of the marina's at Fells Point, though I can't say the water view is great there.

We were just in B'more a few weeks ago and it was the trashiest water we saw anywhere, though I guess that's to be expected being its the biggest city we visited. Despite the issues with flotsam, we enjoyed our visit to B'more and will likely return. We'll just do it when the temps don't dictate running the AC, because I'd be scared I suck some trash over the intake and maybe damage something.
Old 10-11-2010
Chesapeake Sailor

GeorgeDog is on a distinguished road
I second the motion on eating in Fells Point.

Fell's Point is a lot more fun than downtown and when you finish eating you can always motor to the Inner Harbor in about 10 minutes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1968 Hinckley Pilot 35, Audra.
(c) Joe McCary.

Last edited by GeorgeDog; 11-29-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-11-2010

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeDog View Post
I second the motion on eating in Fells Point. Docking there is free. We haven't had any problem ignoring the no docking signs (except all the way up by the water taxis and at the marked pirate ship dock). Brown's Wharf is always good for docking unless there is an obvious event going on (like the schooner's this week). We've been regulars in Fells Point all summer and don't know anyone who has had trouble.

Fell's Point is a lot more fun than downtown and when you finish eating you can always motor to the Inner Harbor in about 10 minutes.
I'd be interested to know where you were able to dock free in Fells Point. I took a slip at Henderson's Wharf.
Old 10-11-2010
Chesapeake Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifesailor View Post
I'd be interested to know where you were able to dock free in Fells Point. I took a slip at Henderson's Wharf.
Broadway Pier.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(c) Joe McCary.

Last edited by GeorgeDog; 11-29-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-11-2010
Aeolus II

mccary is on a distinguished road
The free docks in Fells Point are the 2 just past Henderson's Wharf (as you come from Fort McHenry). I would second, or is it now third choosing Fells Point. It is a more yacht friendly place. And there is Jimmy's form breakfast all within walking distance to the docks.
Old 10-12-2010
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeDog View Post
Bond Wharf, Brown's Wharf, Broadway Pier, down by the Cat's Eye. Pretty much anywhere but the exceptions I mentioned.
Thanks Dog for heads up. I will be taking one of the spots you mentioned. Being in the weeknight, Inner Harbor will be pretty much empty. I prefer being alone far away from other boaters, so no one will be bitching me being too close to their boat. I certainly do not want to read about it on Sailnet

I don't mind go to the marina, but we will stay there in a very short time (9 pm to 6 am). I don't like to disturb the locals when we pull into the slip late. It is not worth the time. We have a separate generator for AC and hot water, so it is pretty much self sufficient without shore power.

Haven't eat in Fells Point for awhile, it will be great for a change. Weather wise calls for rain, so i hope the wind and sea will pick up on Wed nite. I need more practice in the Hell condition. Yes, I have insurance. .

All sailnettees stay away Inner Harbour, unless you want a new boat.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 10-12-2010
Chesapeake Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
Haven't eat in Fells Point for awhile, it will be great for a change. Weather wise calls for rain, so i hope the wind and sea will pick up on Wed nite.
Dawg,

If you mean tomorrow night be forewarned that the annual schooner racers are assembling in Fell's Point even as we speak. They'll be in full force Wednesday since the race starts on Thursday. It also means that this in one of the few times that there will be someone acting as a harbormaster prowling around. I'll be down there for the Parade of Sail tomorrow and can give you a situational update if you give me a call in the evening. I'll PM you my cell.

Dog

(c) Joe McCary.
Old 10-12-2010

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
RockDawg,

A lot of useful information here: Sailing Chesapeake city to Baltimore inner harbor

1982 Tartan 37 CB - Hull #358

Old 10-13-2010
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

Arghhhh.... now I remember. Thanks.

Latest forecast, not much wind today and tomorrow. Oh well, that is life. I can't really sail up the river anyway. It looks like motoring and autopilot is the agenda for today.

Fine Print:

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.