SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Thanksgiving Weekend

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Cruisingdad 
#1 ·
We're hoping to go out Friday, Saturday, and possibly Sunday for what will most likely be our last overnight(s) of the season. If the weather is decent we'll head out Friday morning.

We'll have the kids with us, but if anyone is interested in a end of year raft up or rendezvous we're game. If its really chilly we may opt to take a slip for the night(s), otherwise we'll anchor out and rely on the little propane bomb to keep things comfortable.

Anyone else planning to be out? I make a pretty decent Goulash that will warm up the soul, I could make a lot? ;)

After the weekend we'll be preparing the boat to be hauled and get the engine ready to be removed for a winter mini rebuild. Several other projects while the engine is out...going to be a busy winter, and hopefully it snows its freaking a$$ off so I can pay for everything. :laugher :rolleyes: :D

#5 ·
Goulash just doesnt cook correctly on a magna grill.

Wed love to join you, but we are headed to Charlotte for my drive on Lowes Motor Speedway. Last weekend we went to fairleee and used the bomb to heat the cabin. Was toasty at night. Thanks for the heads up. How do you vent it?

Dave

#10 ·
I have 2 high school friends (from 40+ years ago) coming up from Florida and want to go sailing. Because of work Monday (11/22) will be the day and now it looks like mid 50s and 5-10 knots... might be just what the doctor ordered. Then the daughter and family from Boston for TG, maybe sailing, but I bet they will have a bundle of excuses...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.