SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

2011 Sailnet Third Annual Upper/ Middle Chesapeake Rondevous

16K views 172 replies 25 participants last post by  T37Chef 
#1 · (Edited)
Its that time again ( hard to beleive with the 4-8 inches we are to get in snow tonight).Donna and I would like to sponser our third annual rondevous at the Maryland Yacht Club on either June 12/13 or June 18/19 which ever date the outside covered Pavillion is available.

The previous two have been quite well attended with over 60 guests as well as 15 boats represented each time.

Our facility is located with a view of the Patapsco ( someitme we see the steel mill dropping red molten steel) and the Bay and is about 5 miles before you get to the Key Bridge. We have used our covered outside picnic area with 4 BBQ pits as well as picnic tables should it rain and dropable wind screens should that ve needed on the covered area. It can hold over 100 people There is a large anchorage area in Rock Creek ( room for over 50 anchored boats) as well as a number of dinghy docks at the MYC. In addition there will be slips available for anyone wishing to stay and tie up at $2 per foot with $10 if you want electricity. We have a pool as well as a restaurant should you wish to do that also. Pool and showers are included in the dockage fee. Also we have a fuel dock. Rock Creek distance wise is 22 miles to Annpolis City Dock, 30 from West and Rhode Rivers, 18 from Rock Hall, and 22 the inside anchorage of Worton Creek. Aprrox 38 from our friends in Herrington Harbor, and Oxford. We are also easily accesable to those who want to come by land and I will give directions as we approach the date.

The Pavillion is nice to meet everyone as it is relaxed, places for all to sit and hang out and socialize without hopping from boat to boat.

Any Sailnetter is welcome certainly the Chesapeake/ Delaware/SJ especially, but a special invite to the Long Island Sailnetter who Donna and I have met on our trips to New England and the Long Island sound.

In past years T37chef, WWilson. Bermudahigh,Eryka, Sealover, 4arch, Scottyt,PaulDolan (MYC member also), Sapperwhite, Craigtoo and Jeff H have been present to name a few.

Hopefully John Pollard, SD (from Mass.) and especially Jeff H comes this year with his new bride.

Dave and Donna

See less See more
#3 ·
Would be great to finally meet you. We have seen your beautiful Sabre numerous times when we are out, we have passed you headed into the Chester and Swan Creek last year.

Dave

#10 ·
Hey Chef,

Thanks for jumping on this early this year and hosting it again at MYC. We had a great time last year and the MYC facility is a great place to have it. Looks like we most likely won't be able to make it if it ends up being June 11-12, but we'll definitely plan on being there (by sea) if it's June 18-19.

#11 ·
Still waiting on the availability of the pavillion, Went down to the boat yesterday and saw a lot of carnage in shrink wrap and canvas covers of other boats. The wind gust which came through clocked 65+ a few times ( no miss type here) which really caused some mayhem. Our canvas held, Shawn I was at OH and your boats shrink wrap is perfectly fine.

Getting itchy to get the canvas off.....and start on the projects I have lined up for this year.

Dave

#12 ·
Thanks for checking Dave...I almost forgot we have a boat, btw...could you see her sad face?

We get to spend the next few days preparing our basement to be dug out. Arg arg arg...I could have bought 3 sets of new sails for what this is going to cost!!!

#13 ·
Damn Shawn....Houses are more expensive than boats. For sure

Looked funny seeing the rudder off. Did you find any problems. Looked like a pretty clean attachment.

Dave

#15 ·
Hope to make it, but wife's grad school commitments may not allow. Of course that's in Baltimore, so I could probably just slip down (by car) and see what's what. :)

#16 ·
Hey, all, we're back! Dan & Jaye Eryka here, logging in under another id because our previous data may have been compromised. Looking forward to another season of boating, and hoping to join you at MYC by boat.

#17 ·
Jane and Dan...great name. Hope all is well. Good to hear from you. Wpuld be great to see you and Cinderella at the ball.

Dave

You need to put your boat picture from our photo shoot on so I know its really you>>>>>>

#22 ·
Dave - I'm trying, but don't seem able to get it to show (the preview looks right). It may be because I have too few posts under this new id. Will keep trying. Anyway, should you get a desparate email purportedly from me, asking you to wire money to bail me out of jail in Nigeria, or cash a ten million dollar check and keep 1 million for yourself, its probably a scam ... ;)

#20 ·
ahh ok...Maryland M<arina on the Middle River...Yes I know that place also. A good facility. Closer to our home, but its a long way out to the bay compared to what we have where we are now, but they have top notch mechanics and nice people there.

Dave

#24 ·
Well, we're most of the way there, but I still can't get the link to my blog to show. And, grrrr, I lost my rep points. I think I'll just have to get real active on Sailnet to build 'em back up.

Speaking of sailing ... this weekend looks like it'll be lovely. We'll be out of town but expecting to read some great after-action reports from our Ches Bay friends.

#25 ·
Ok I got confirmation today from the MYC. The date for the 2011 Chesapeake Ronddevous will be Saturday June 11 at 6:00 PM at the Maryland Yacht Club More information to follow

Dave

Moderators...can you make this a sticky please

#27 ·
Will be great to see the two of you again. The poster you gave us of Haleakula holds a special place in our family room. Seems to have made the winter go by more quickly

Dave

#28 ·
Dave - I just found this tonight. I've put it on my calendar - hopefully Lori and I can drive down. I look forward to seeing you again this Saturday at our Delaware River get-together!

-- Rick

#31 ·
Great idea!!:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.