2011 Sailnet Third Annual Upper/ Middle Chesapeake Rondevous - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2011

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
2011 Sailnet Third Annual Upper/ Middle Chesapeake Rondevous

Its that time again ( hard to beleive with the 4-8 inches we are to get in snow tonight).Donna and I would like to sponser our third annual rondevous at the Maryland Yacht Club on either June 12/13 or June 18/19 which ever date the outside covered Pavillion is available.

The previous two have been quite well attended with over 60 guests as well as 15 boats represented each time.

Our facility is located with a view of the Patapsco ( someitme we see the steel mill dropping red molten steel) and the Bay and is about 5 miles before you get to the Key Bridge. We have used our covered outside picnic area with 4 BBQ pits as well as picnic tables should it rain and dropable wind screens should that ve needed on the covered area. It can hold over 100 people There is a large anchorage area in Rock Creek ( room for over 50 anchored boats) as well as a number of dinghy docks at the MYC. In addition there will be slips available for anyone wishing to stay and tie up at $2 per foot with $10 if you want electricity. We have a pool as well as a restaurant should you wish to do that also. Pool and showers are included in the dockage fee. Also we have a fuel dock. Rock Creek distance wise is 22 miles to Annpolis City Dock, 30 from West and Rhode Rivers, 18 from Rock Hall, and 22 the inside anchorage of Worton Creek. Aprrox 38 from our friends in Herrington Harbor, and Oxford. We are also easily accesable to those who want to come by land and I will give directions as we approach the date.

The Pavillion is nice to meet everyone as it is relaxed, places for all to sit and hang out and socialize without hopping from boat to boat.

Any Sailnetter is welcome certainly the Chesapeake/ Delaware/SJ especially, but a special invite to the Long Island Sailnetter who Donna and I have met on our trips to New England and the Long Island sound.

In past years T37chef, WWilson. Bermudahigh,Eryka, Sealover, 4arch, Scottyt,PaulDolan (MYC member also), Sapperwhite, Craigtoo and Jeff H have been present to name a few.

Hopefully John Pollard, SD (from Mass.) and especially Jeff H comes this year with his new bride.

Dave and Donna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 02-21-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-2011
Somewhat Senior Member

mgmhead is on a distinguished road
Awesome, I was sorry to miss last year's get together and have been wanting to visit the MYC. I hope to be joining you this year. Count Rhythm in for two visitors.
Catalina 387 #29
Rock Hall, MD
Old 02-21-2011

Would be great to finally meet you. We have seen your beautiful Sabre numerous times when we are out, we have passed you headed into the Chester and Swan Creek last year.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 02-22-2011

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Count us in, but by car this time Hey we might even be members of MYC by then?

Photo by Joe McCary
Old 02-22-2011

Flybyknight is on a distinguished road
I bought my boat through the Maryland Yacht Club. Yes, it certainly is a beautiful and pleasant facility.

Dick
Old 02-22-2011

Dick...whose boat did you buy. I never recall seeing a 25 Cape Dory in the club.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

Old 02-23-2011
Sailor

Gladrags1 is on a distinguished road
Hopefully our tight schedules will allow Mandolin to join the group this year. We, after all, have the farthest to travel (lol) coming from Rock Creek.

Tod
Old 02-26-2011
Aeolus II

mccary is on a distinguished road
Yet another great idea. I am busy the weekend of June 18/19. But I am free the weekend of June 11/12. If we can swing that weekend I would be in.
Old 02-27-2011

Bermudahigh is on a distinguished road
IN for 2. probably by car, still not sure.
be great to see everyone again.
joe
st john
Old 02-27-2011

4arch is on a distinguished road
Hey Chef,

Thanks for jumping on this early this year and hosting it again at MYC. We had a great time last year and the MYC facility is a great place to have it. Looks like we most likely won't be able to make it if it ends up being June 11-12, but we'll definitely plan on being there (by sea) if it's June 18-19.