Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2011

aa3jy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmhead View Post
Did the moonlight sail Saturday night on a friends Cabo Rico 42. It was awesome! Wind was 13-17 and we quickly sailed across the bay and back to Rock Hall by midnight. Good time was had by all...Thanks Rob and crew of Meander.
Interesting..."Meander" a CR 42..are they on the Cabo Rico forum?

Thanks,

Clay
s/v 'Tango'
CR 34
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2011

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Looking to see where everyone is headed this weekend. Donna and I are undecided. Winds look SE 10-15 on Saturday with cloudy and some storms ( will not deter us from traveling) and Sunday NW 5-10 with less chance of storms. Heat wave is broken...but the humidity will be high.

We may do Chester River somewhere/ Wortan Creek/ or even the Severn. How about you all?

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 08-05-2011
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
On the hard

Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Old 08-05-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
John and I will be out there...somewhere. I don't have a destination yet. I'd like to try to head north again since we've never sailed that direction. I think maybe we'll just see what the wind is doing and figure it out then.

I'm intrigued by Hart-Miller Island and I don't know why. I think I have to get there and see it to get it out of my system.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 08-05-2011

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Warning ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
John and I will be out there...somewhere. I don't have a destination yet. I'd like to try to head north again since we've never sailed that direction. I think maybe we'll just see what the wind is doing and figure it out then.

I'm intrigued by Hart-Miller Island and I don't know why. I think I have to get there and see it to get it out of my system.
Been to H&M Island several times, in fact I grew up spending my summers at Baltimore Yacht Club on Sue Creek/Middle River with my grandparents and we would hang out there often.

If you like to swim? It's a great place to go...hard clean sand bottom, although I suggest wearing shoes. The contour sloops slowly away from the island, we draw 4'6" so I usually anchor a good 200 yards of the island in 6' to 8'.

There is a tower you can visit for a great view of the island and surrounding area. There are restrooms on the island as well. Some will camp on the smaller island, did that when I was a kid, pretty neat.

It can be a power boat haven most any weekend, with drunks, jet skies, cigarette boats, large cabin cruisers, party barges, etc...I think you're getting the picture, I would say its similar to the crowd found in Fairlee Creek on a summer weekend. There is no speed limit North of the island so it also creates a wake issue. It does really quiet down after dark and during the week. As you can see from the charts, it's pretty exposed and doesn't offer much protection from weather, except south.

Like I said, can be fun for swimming = no nettles, great beach, crowds of people, but interesting nonetheless

Check it out, if you dare

Last edited by T37Chef; 08-05-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-05-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef View Post
Check it out, if you dare
That settles it. We're heading there this weekend.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 08-05-2011
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Got a wild card this weekend, I will have the boat from 5 pm tonite to 5 pm tomorrow.

Weather is perfect with thunder storms .

NOAA said:
Tonight...SE winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 1 ft.
Sat...SE winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 1 to 2 ft. A chance of showers and tstms.

Everyone please stay clear in within 50 nm radius of Annapolis. The madman is sailing solo again non-stop through the nite.

If the wind is good, I will do more heave-to practice and make supper below.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 08-05-2011

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Hart miller is a redneck haven. Not at all peaceful and very few sailboats. Mostly boats of the 18/-25 ft powerboat design. We tend to avoid it in the summer and visit in the fall. Also no protection from S winds, tomorrow looks like S 10-15 with gusts to 20. Storms after 3 with wind through the night.

If we head north we will probably wind up at Worton or even east to Corsica as it is protected from the south. We are still up in the air

Donna what do you guys monitor we will give you a call when we are headed out of the Patapsco. Our name is pronounced Holly-Auck-Ewe-La. Perfect diction is required

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 08-06-2011

4arch is on a distinguished road
Still on the hard. Going down to the marina early this AM to keep working before the rains come this afternoon. Hoping to relaunch tomorrow or one night during the week and be back out next weekend. Figures that the week we picked for haul out ended up being cooler with great winds after all that heat and zero wind. At least the breeze makes being in the boatyard more tolerable.
Old 08-06-2011

aa3jy is on a distinguished road
We'll be in the Langford Creek area..just getting the kinks out before we take our 2 week stretch to where ever next month. We monitor 16/9 if in the area.

Clay
s/v 'Tango'
currently at Lankford Bay Marina(near Cacaway Island)