Hello Almighty Captains, hope you all is well
I am back on Sailnet again in a regular basis. I did only one sail from West Palm Beach to Key largo in last spring since last season. I signed on another season of boat share, it is likely be my last. In 2012, I either have my own or good enough to crew for others on a regularly basis.
My plan for this season are to:
1. Hope to gain my sailing experience particular in storm tactics and survival skills.
2. Sign on more trips with other captains this year. I will be sailing from Annapolis to Bermuda and back in the end of May.
3. Continue to find a boat that fits my needs. But having a second thought of buying a boat in my recent thinking. I may not need my own boat to do sailing. There are plenty opportunities to sail other people's boat. OK, may not able to call the shot, but then I have been boss all my life, I don't want to make decision any more.
4. Gain more experience in maintain and rebuild diesel engine. Thinking to take a three-day course in NJ this year.
Since I don't own a boat, no boat work in the weekend for me
If any of you need a pair of hands or a willing body, I am available to help
1. in a multiple sailing day trip in a less than ideal weather
2. in repairing engine and trouble shooting mechanical problems
3. in rewiring any electrical circuits
I have a superb analytical skills and extremely handy with tools, I can fix almost anything that is worth fixing. I am also a good cook and great with provisioning. So let me know if you have a project, I don't mind to help in exchange for the experience.
Thanks for reading.