Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2011
Somewhat Senior Member

mgmhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVAuspicious View Post
It's March guys. Come on. I'm out for the dozenth (is that a word?) time now.

Wave to us on the way through the C&D.
It's a word and you're bragging. Can't wait to get on the Bay.

Coming next after the eleventh and just before the thirteenth in position "For the dozenth time that day her heart turned chill within her"; ...

Be well...MGM
Catalina 387 #29
Rock Hall, MD
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2011

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Hey..I am the kind of miss spelled words. If it cane be sounded out and it makes sense it is a word. Even if you are the only one who uses it.

I beleive in "spelling by phoenetics" or is that ebonics?

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 03-28-2011
Aeolus II

mccary is on a distinguished road
Dave, spelling is why I married an English Teacher... she was very helpful until computers and spell check. Now, she realizes she is replaceable so I get more of a free rein (in my dreams).

I am jealous of all of you guys, I have been down and just got the engine running and felt like I accomplished something. I have stickers but they aren't on yet. I have some new "gadgets" to install soon...maybe this weekend.
Old 04-14-2011
Aeolus II

So, with the gadgets installed, the stickers applied and finally a warm day and I was sailing today (4/14). Glorious even if it was just for 4 hours.
Old 04-16-2011

Great to hear you got out Joe. Donna is working this weekend so I am "stuck" doing projects on the boat. Anytimer here is better than being at work.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 04-17-2011
Aeolus II

Boy, today was not a good sailing day for sure...what with the wind, the rain but I suppose it could have been snowing. I spent the day finishing taxes, an equally bad day.
Old 04-24-2011
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Hello Almighty Captains, hope you all is well

I am back on Sailnet again in a regular basis. I did only one sail from West Palm Beach to Key largo in last spring since last season. I signed on another season of boat share, it is likely be my last. In 2012, I either have my own or good enough to crew for others on a regularly basis.

My plan for this season are to:

1. Hope to gain my sailing experience particular in storm tactics and survival skills.
2. Sign on more trips with other captains this year. I will be sailing from Annapolis to Bermuda and back in the end of May.
3. Continue to find a boat that fits my needs. But having a second thought of buying a boat in my recent thinking. I may not need my own boat to do sailing. There are plenty opportunities to sail other people's boat. OK, may not able to call the shot, but then I have been boss all my life, I don't want to make decision any more.
4. Gain more experience in maintain and rebuild diesel engine. Thinking to take a three-day course in NJ this year.

Since I don't own a boat, no boat work in the weekend for me
If any of you need a pair of hands or a willing body, I am available to help

1. in a multiple sailing day trip in a less than ideal weather
2. in repairing engine and trouble shooting mechanical problems
3. in rewiring any electrical circuits

I have a superb analytical skills and extremely handy with tools, I can fix almost anything that is worth fixing. I am also a good cook and great with provisioning. So let me know if you have a project, I don't mind to help in exchange for the experience.

Thanks for reading.
Fair winds.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 04-24-2011

Well we got our first overnighter in this weekend. Short sail on Saturday as it started off rainy in the AM. We tucked in at Jubb Cover on the Bodkin.

Had a nice filet on the grill...tomato mozzerlla salad and a nice David Bruce pinot noir and watched an incredible sunset as well as the water fowl follies ( various ducks geese etc landing in cartwheels)

Today was a great sail on the Patapsco with winds 12-18 out of the SW and we high tailed it in at 4 right before a monster T storm blew through ( Thank goodness for the radar app on the DROID

A good first weekend out of many I hope.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

Old 04-25-2011
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Today was a great sail on the Patapsco with winds 12-18 out of the SW and we high tailed it in at 4 right before a monster T storm blew through ( Thank goodness for the radar app on the DROID

A good first weekend out of many I hope.

Dave
Good to hear a great start for 2011. I hope my turn will come soon in a few weeks.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 04-27-2011

Appears to be a nice weekend comming up....especially after the tornado sightings today...as I was driving back to north of Baltimore from DC on 50E and I97 north i was just ahead of the warnings and the sky had a very eirrie look to it with clouds headed in weird directions opposing each other....

We are headed out for the weekend but havent settled on any kind of destination yet...anyone else heading anywhere special.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-