SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Chesapeake Bay (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/)
-   -   2011 Sailing Season (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/72771-2011-sailing-season.html)

chef2sail 03-13-2011 03:36 PM

2011 Sailing Season
 
Beautiful weekend allowed us to get the winter canvas off, Bimini and Dodger on, clean up a little of the inside of the boat, stragtagize the spring/ summer projects.

Even recommisioned the old Yanmar, two turns and she started right up...seemed to run well. Next weekend is sock burning at the club, and if it at all nice we will head out for our first 2011 sail. Our new Quantum main and Strong Track system, wont be ready until the end of April, but I wont let that hold us back.

Felt great to be working on the boat and having linch on her todau even though it was in the slip. I am sore from using balance muscles on her which have been dormant all winter. Goood soreness though.

Tulips are pushing up in our flowerbeds and the idoits who come to DC where I work for the Cherry Blossoms have started arriving. They are a much better indicater that Spring is here than the robins or the Orioles ( I mean the birds not the BB team.)

Dave

ekenna 03-15-2011 10:14 PM

last weekend
 
Last weekend I also went to the boat. People were pulling their tarps off. I put on a new prop. The old prop just popped off. I also put on a new water temp sender and tried to replace the impellor. Is there some special trick to getting the impeller back in so all the vanes are poiinting in the right direction in the flattened section?

Next weekend maybe finish prepping the bottom and put on a coat of the bottom paint. Launch in early april. I can't wait to see if the new prop is going to help with boat speed and heading into waves.

aa3jy 03-16-2011 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekenna (Post 709347)
. I also put on a new water temp sender and tried to replace the impellor. Is there some special trick to getting the impeller back in so all the vanes are poiinting in the right direction in the flattened section?

Just let the engine point the impeller in the right direction. It will reset itself.

PalmettoSailor 03-16-2011 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekenna (Post 709347)
Last weekend I also went to the boat. People were pulling their tarps off. I put on a new prop. The old prop just popped off. I also put on a new water temp sender and tried to replace the impellor. Is there some special trick to getting the impeller back in so all the vanes are poiinting in the right direction in the flattened section?

Next weekend maybe finish prepping the bottom and put on a coat of the bottom paint. Launch in early april. I can't wait to see if the new prop is going to help with boat speed and heading into waves.

Put a cable tie around it to hold the vanes in the proper direction and compress them for easy insertion, then cut it off once the impellor is 1/2 way in.

ekenna 03-16-2011 07:52 AM

impeller
 
The reason I asked it the old impellor was very messed up. You could tell which side I had squashed to get it in because the vanes were permanently bent over and 1 was bent the wrong way.

The idea of a wire tie is a great idea. Thanks.

chef2sail 03-20-2011 04:43 PM

Halellula....Haleakula was set free from its bonds for a one hour and one half motor sail out into the Patapsco to sweep the slime off its hull.

It was beautiful on the water today albet cold. Was nice to see the water again,,,feel the rocking of the boat.

Dave

mgmhead 03-20-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chef2sail (Post 710964)
Halellula....Haleakula was set free from its bonds for a one hour and one half motor sail out into the Patapsco to sweep the slime off its hull.

It was beautiful on the water today albet cold. Was nice to see the water again,,,feel the rocking of the boat.

Dave

Happy for you Dave, and a bit envious. It'll be a couple weeks yet before Rhythm is launched. She's been polished and waxed but I'm fairing the keel and then bottom paint...then she's getting splashed.There'll be no slime to sweep off. Notable, isn't it, how much nicer it is to sit in a cockpit afloat than on the hard. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll be there :D

ottos 03-21-2011 09:35 AM

Congrats! The city hasn't even sent out the beach permit renewals yet!
.

SVAuspicious 03-27-2011 09:53 AM

It's March guys. Come on. I'm out for the dozenth (is that a word?) time now.

Wave to us on the way through the C&D.

chef2sail 03-27-2011 06:27 PM

OK Dave..no fair bragging...grin


Glad to here you guys will make the trip to MDYC in June. Stay Warm

Dave


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012