Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2011

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
2011 Sailing Season

Beautiful weekend allowed us to get the winter canvas off, Bimini and Dodger on, clean up a little of the inside of the boat, stragtagize the spring/ summer projects.

Even recommisioned the old Yanmar, two turns and she started right up...seemed to run well. Next weekend is sock burning at the club, and if it at all nice we will head out for our first 2011 sail. Our new Quantum main and Strong Track system, wont be ready until the end of April, but I wont let that hold us back.

Felt great to be working on the boat and having linch on her todau even though it was in the slip. I am sore from using balance muscles on her which have been dormant all winter. Goood soreness though.

Tulips are pushing up in our flowerbeds and the idoits who come to DC where I work for the Cherry Blossoms have started arriving. They are a much better indicater that Spring is here than the robins or the Orioles ( I mean the birds not the BB team.)

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2011

ekenna is on a distinguished road
last weekend

Last weekend I also went to the boat. People were pulling their tarps off. I put on a new prop. The old prop just popped off. I also put on a new water temp sender and tried to replace the impellor. Is there some special trick to getting the impeller back in so all the vanes are poiinting in the right direction in the flattened section?

Next weekend maybe finish prepping the bottom and put on a coat of the bottom paint. Launch in early april. I can't wait to see if the new prop is going to help with boat speed and heading into waves.
Old 03-16-2011

aa3jy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekenna View Post
. I also put on a new water temp sender and tried to replace the impellor. Is there some special trick to getting the impeller back in so all the vanes are poiinting in the right direction in the flattened section?
Just let the engine point the impeller in the right direction. It will reset itself.
Old 03-16-2011

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekenna View Post
Last weekend I also went to the boat. People were pulling their tarps off. I put on a new prop. The old prop just popped off. I also put on a new water temp sender and tried to replace the impellor. Is there some special trick to getting the impeller back in so all the vanes are poiinting in the right direction in the flattened section?

Next weekend maybe finish prepping the bottom and put on a coat of the bottom paint. Launch in early april. I can't wait to see if the new prop is going to help with boat speed and heading into waves.
Put a cable tie around it to hold the vanes in the proper direction and compress them for easy insertion, then cut it off once the impellor is 1/2 way in.
Old 03-16-2011

ekenna is on a distinguished road
impeller

The reason I asked it the old impellor was very messed up. You could tell which side I had squashed to get it in because the vanes were permanently bent over and 1 was bent the wrong way.

The idea of a wire tie is a great idea. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2011

Halellula....Haleakula was set free from its bonds for a one hour and one half motor sail out into the Patapsco to sweep the slime off its hull.

It was beautiful on the water today albet cold. Was nice to see the water again,,,feel the rocking of the boat.

Dave
oysterman23 likes this.

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 03-20-2011
Somewhat Senior Member

mgmhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Halellula....Haleakula was set free from its bonds for a one hour and one half motor sail out into the Patapsco to sweep the slime off its hull.

It was beautiful on the water today albet cold. Was nice to see the water again,,,feel the rocking of the boat.

Dave
Happy for you Dave, and a bit envious. It'll be a couple weeks yet before Rhythm is launched. She's been polished and waxed but I'm fairing the keel and then bottom paint...then she's getting splashed.There'll be no slime to sweep off. Notable, isn't it, how much nicer it is to sit in a cockpit afloat than on the hard. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll be there
Catalina 387 #29
Rock Hall, MD
Old 03-21-2011
Señor Member

ottos is on a distinguished road
Congrats! The city hasn't even sent out the beach permit renewals yet!
Old 03-27-2011
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
It's March guys. Come on. I'm out for the dozenth (is that a word?) time now.

Wave to us on the way through the C&D.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

Old 03-27-2011

OK Dave..no fair bragging...grin

Glad to here you guys will make the trip to MDYC in June. Stay Warm

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-